--and, of course, it won. Each and every member of our family was hit, one by one. We are finally free and clear, the house is sanitized, and I am in recovery mode (as in catch up on the cleaning, laundry, etc). Everything goes to pieces so quickly!
My favorite story of this week involves the stomach flu. Queenie had it first (at least, we suspect she did, but with babies it's hard to tell). Several days later D really got it, then Chatterbox, then me. By Thursday evening, I was resigned to the fact that it would hit little Smidget soon. We had a popcorn bucket from the movie "Up" which we began lovingly referring to as "The Up-chuck Bucket". Not that anyone had actually used it for that purpose yet, but we were hoping against hope that Smidget might help us out and use the bucket when the need arose.
Sure enough, as we read Book of Mormon Thursday evening, Smidget moaned, I yelled, "Hand me the UP bucket!" and she proceeded to puke for a minute or so. She was very businesslike about the whole thing--no screaming, no whining. After a bit, she sat up, pushed it away and said decidedly, "I got no more!" It was hilarious. And that was it from her.
Chatterbox surprised us twice in the middle of the night, though. And the second time she doused the room from her top bunk. We're talking carpet, walls, books, . . . ICK!
Just a little vomiting story to make your weekend a little brighter! I hope you enjoyed it.
3 comments:
I'm so sorry! That's not fun at all. I hope you are all doing well now. Good luck with the recovery!
Mmmm, delightful. (:
Unfortunately I have been known to lament out loud about a child forgetting to grab the bowl set by them expressly for that purpose, before rushing to their side and soothing them. It just takes SO long to clean the carpet in the middle of the night.....
Yep, that was gross. Here's where I put in my plug for the Hoover SteamVac. Got it two years ago and have never looked back.
Post a Comment