Saturday, October 17, 2009

Ah, Saturday!

I love Saturdays. I used to love them more when Dave wasn't working every single one of them. But even so, I love 'em. In no particular order (except number one, which really is my favorite), here is my top ten list of Why Saturdays are Super (ah, the literary gift just oozes from my clicking keyboard).

1. Hands down because I get to start the day bright and early with girlfriends chatting it up on a nice, long run. Except for last week because I was recovering from St. George. And this week because the fog was so thick. But usually. :)

2. No school bells to beat, no homework to remember, no lunches to pack. Calm and ease. And sometimes waffles.

3. Dave gets off a whole hour and a half earlier on Saturdays than on weekdays. This means we actually get to spend a good chunk of time together. Which leads me to #4 ...

4. Two words--Date night. Or better yet, one word--Babysitter.

5. Game day. Soccer games! I love cheering for the six and seven year old girls. Today we even scored our first goal of the season. Football is usually fun too, but with D working I am less inclined to watch.

6. Chatterbox's friend Faith always calls for a play date. She is such a peace maker, I would be happy to have her over every single Saturday. But Chatterbox goes there a lot too.

7. Guilt-free cartoons. Well, almost guilt-free. Saturday is the one day I let the kids watch a few shows first thing in the morning. It's nice for me too, as you might be able to imagine.

8. NO SHOPPING. I do not shop on Saturdays if I can help it. And I loathe it so much, I usually can. I will make an exception and shop, kid-free, on a date night if it's for something fun for myself or the house.

9. Free minutes on the cell phone. Not that I usually use up my minutes anyway, but there's just something about not having to think about it that makes me happy.

10. Late nights. Since I don't have to get up too early for church and I don't have to get up to exercise, Saturday frequently becomes a late night.

And you? Is there something special about Saturday I've forgotten?

6 comments:

Angie said...

What a fantastic list! sounds like Saturdays really are your best day. I love them too cuz Keith is home to be here with me and the triplets all day long. I love it.

Polliwog said...

What?! You are commenting on blogs already. I am so impressed.

Cheri said...

I would add long satisfying hours working in the yard and deciding last minute to run off with the family and do some adventure, with a stop at a favorite restaurant afterwards. I love your list and I, too, LOVE Saturdays.

amydear said...

How ironic that I planned on skipping my early morning run to sleep in, but was woken up at 5:30am by a screaming 2 year-old. We still managed to have a busy and fun Saturday, although a nap would have been nice! I love college football and outdoor adventures on fall Saturdays.

Ming said...

I LOVE Saturdays too! I wish there were more of them in a week ;)

Anonymous said...

This was a cute post! I love guilt free sleeping in on Saturdays! Super fun!