Monday, February 6, 2012

Update on Mancub





I know I haven't mentioned anything new in regards to the Boy. Well, that's because nothing has really happened since my last post. We continue to wait for the doctor to call and tell us he has found a tech who can do the EEG on a baby as young as Mancub. I need to call again today because I will feel much better once we have had a normal test. I could take him to Children's Hospital and have it done, but I've had reliable advice from a friend who works there that if I can avoid it this time of year, it's best to do so (RSV and all...)

But still, I am feeling better about the whole thing. He has done his shaking thing a couple more times, but he was awake and stopped when I spoke to him, which is a good thing and probably means that they were not seizures ... as long as those other incidents were more of the same. The doctor told us that the most important thing to watch is that he is developing normally. He started rolling over 2 weeks ago (only back to front) and just a couple of days ago he started sitting up! What a big boy. This little man is my pride and joy.

For now, I am supremely grateful for the prayers and fasting of friends and family, for the priesthood blessing which D was able to give my son all of which has definitely comforted me and, though I can't ever know for sure, I won't rule out the possibility of it healing my child.

He officially got the boot from our bedroom last night. I mentioned to D that I wasn't sure where to put him, but maybe we should start thinking about it. Next thing I knew, D had the crib moved to Chatterbox's room! And that was the end of it. I actually slept from 10:00 to 5:30 last night, which was pure heaven. As much as I adore him, I prefer to snuggle during daylight hours.


8 comments:

Crystal said...

Man Cub seems perfect as can be. I'm so sorry for the worry and trouble. I love that he is a sitter now. I also am jealous your crib has now been removed from your room. Where should we move ours? I'm desperate for more than a two hour stint of sleep.

Polliwog said...

Jake's office! Can you fit it in there? You are like us-- there was no great place. But at least E's room is close to me and fairly far from the noisy playroom and girls' room! Last. iChat I was wondering why I hadn't done it earlier ;)

Polliwog said...

*last night

Unknown said...

i love him.

Ming said...

It sounds like he's doing well. He sure is adorable, which should count for something. I agree with keeping him away from the hospital at all costs. Addie has RSV and we are praying it won't result in a hospital stay. For now she's on O2 and neb treatments at home. Hopefully that will be enough for her to make a speedy recovery.

Polliwog said...

Min, that is the worst news!! I sure hope you won't be in the hospital again too. I wish I was there to help you. Loves to you all and to that pretty little girl!

Emily said...

So glad you are feeling better and he is doing well. I had been wondering what was going on. :) Keep us updated! He smile is infectious and he is so precious!

Todd and Anna said...

Thanks for the update. He is such a cute little guy!