Monday we drove to the coast and had a picnic, looked in the seaside shops, then laid out on the beach and played. The little girls and I dipped feet and made sand castles while the other adults rented suits and boards to boogie board in the ocean. Other than the last deadly wave that knocked a few of them around, I think they had a good time. We finished the day with fish and chips.
Tuesday and Wednesday we recovered and hung around the house. Chatterbox got to ride bikes with her uncle and aunt. We played Killer Bunnies. We ate Indian food from Trader Joe's. SK cooked and Meri cleaned up (she was always cleaning up!) Mays had a wedding in Utah and so she flew home Wednesday morning, which made us all very sad.
We missed her for our big event Thursday and Friday when we drove to Yosemite. WOW. That is the ultimate in nature vacations. April and May are the best times to see the waterfalls, apparently, and that was certainly the highlight of our trip.
SK and Meri drove away this morning. Of course there were tears from Chatterbox.
Thanks so much for coming to spend the week, guys! We miss you already.
7 comments:
WHAT?! I didn't even know this was happening! What's the deal?
SK and Mays had spring break and called to see if they could come out. Then it was kind of up and down for awhile. Then they ended up making the drive.
Now it's your turn! We promise to do fun things. San Francisco perhaps?
Sounds like so much fun and beautiful. We will have to come visit sometime.
Tons of fun! Isn't it great when siblings visit?! And I've always wanted to go to Yosemite. You've now cemented that.
Looks like so much fun! Your girls are adorable and getting so big! I can't believe Chatterbox is riding her bike without training wheels, when did that happen?
C-box's bike looks like so much fun. What a great bunch of pics. I can't wait to see everyone in person. I'm so lucky! Glad you had good visits.
Those look like fun pics! I haven't heard of anyone else playing Killer Bunnies. We really love that game. However, we have a hard time getting anyone to play with us, other than the friends who taught us. It is a riot! Your girls are so cute. I can't wait to see you guys again. If you feel the need for some cooler weather your more than welcome up in AK any time:)
Post a Comment