Friday, August 21, 2009

Fancy meeting you here

Oh, hello again. Summertime has been filled with fun, some of which I will attempt to catch up on. However, after some soul-searching as to why I am not writing on my blog, I've come up with a solution that will (I think) work great for me.

I thought about going private, but then google reader can't alert my readers when I've posted something new, and since my posts have been sporadic at best recently, I think I need that google reader or I'll have no followers left!

On the other hand, I am very hesitant to write very many details about my children and our lives here for all the world to see and there are lots of things I'm dying to share with you! (Opening our new office, trip to Hawaii, running stuff). So I will be starting a second blog. It's called, 'Sugar, Spice and (Usually) Nice' in reference to my three girls and if you are interested in reading it, just leave me a comment and I'll be sure to get you invited. I'm going to save family details (things the grandparents might want to know) and most photos of my girls for that spot.

But I am not shutting down this blog, because I still want an outlet for my own writing and general thoughts. Plus I can let you know on this blog when there is something new on my other one. It's a win-win. Or at least, I think it might be. We'll give it a go!

12 comments:

Ming said...

Genius! This is perfect because as I mentioned in my email to you I always forget to check private blogs. But if it pops up on my reader I pretty much keep up. Hooray!

Crystal said...

We want in of course! I have had similar thoughts going through my mind. I found this "front porch" solution on a friends but don't know how to set it up
(http://dallicarlile.blogspot.com/)

Polliwog said...

Crystal, It looks like it's just a completely separate blog (the url's are different). So she just opened a blog with a similar name, set it all up, and only has that post at the top. Then people leave comments and she invites them to the other blog.

A good idea, but still doesn't update google reader when she changes her posts.

Kierstin said...

I've been considering the same thing with our blog, but the only way I read blogs is on google reader. Good idea!

And I would be interested in keeping up on your family and what you're doing with your three little girls. Please invite me.

Charity said...

Is is ackward to ask for an invite when we haven't officially met in person? Potentially that will happen some day?

If you're ok with it, I'd love an invite...charityDOTmanwaringATgmailDOTcom.

http://www.akrunnergirl.blogspot.com

Charity

amydear said...

Delighted you're making a comeback, as you are my original blogging muse. And I've decided you have a knack for blog names. I need a new one for mine. Here's hoping you inspire me yet again!

Becky said...

Please invite me too. I love pictures!
becky_dowdle@hotmail.com

Polliwog said...

Charity,
Not at all! I feel like I know you from reading your blog. :) I'm just glad a few people are interested.

Amy and Chad Larson Family said...

We'd love to keep up with what your family is doing.

Polliwog said...

Amy, I sent you an email invite, but I don't think I have a current email (only the bkslaw?) so email me with your new one! I have been horrible about keeping in touch.

Lindz said...

I would love to follow your new blog!! Happy Birthday by the way, I hope you had a great one.

Kristine Gray said...

I'd love an invite and to keep up with you. Glad you're back.