Tuesday, November 17, 2009

It feels so wrong

It's official. D and I bought our tickets to Sea World and San Diego Zoo which we will be using on our Thanksgiving vacation. The part that feels strange is that we are going to skip Thanksgiving altogether and spend the day at Sea World. We tossed around the idea of going to a restaurant that serves a Thanksgiving spread, but in the end we came to the accurate but depressing conclusion that our kids don't care about food and thus the money will be wasted. I'll have to find some way to make it feel a little Thanksgiving-ish. Tell me I'm not a weirdo.

10 comments:

Charity said...

Not wierd, practical. By the way, I went private on my blog but don't have your e-mail address to invite you. Drop me a line will you? Have a fabulous time on vacation!

charityDOTmanwaringATgmailDOTcom

Unknown said...

You're wierd.

Just kidding! I think it's a great idea. You are together as a family, and at the end of each day you'll have lots of things to be thankful for (good shoes, strollers, clean bathrooms....a nice bed to fall into...) hee, hee. No, really. Lots of things that you could all talk about at night when you get back to your hotel room. Counting your blessings and being together is what it's all about, right?

Have fun!

Unknown said...

Have fun! I think it's a great idea and wish it was us. I can't imagine eating anything right now- except maybe mashed pototoes. Probably a good way to get the focus off the food to more important aspects of the holiday.

Susie said...

Ah - the holidays in San Diego. Frankly, everytime we've spent Thanksgiving (or Christmas, for that matter) in San Diego, eating holiday fare was what seemed wrong. Too balmy for turkey and mashed potatoes, if you ask me. Have fun!

Mays and Matt said...

Could you do Thanksgiving on Sunday before you go? That'd be fun. I'm in!

amydear said...

Just keep an eye out for those huge deep-fried turkey legs they sometimes have at amusement parks. Then it will seem just like Thanksgiving. Or not. I've been dying to go to San Diego. Have fun!

Ming said...

We'll miss you in Utah but Sea World sounds pretty fun right about now. Enjoy!

Monica said...

I don't know if I've left a comment before but my former last name is Lamb :) so hopefully you remember who I am and don't think I'm nuts. My husband and I thought about going to Disneyland for Thanksgiving this year so I don't think you're a weirdo at all! You'll have to let me know if Sea World is busy...I love that place!

Angie said...

As much as I love Thanksgiving dinner this sounds like a great idea! I Hope you guys had fun.

Serendipity said...

When we were little we took a few Thanksgiving trips to Disneyland...some of my favorite memories of Thanksgiving...Hope you had fun!

Thanks for the game idea! I can't to play Small World with our older kiddos! Thanks for the sweet words about my blog!