'Are you keeping your head above water?' someone emailed me recently.
Just barely. That's my response. My eldest is 6 and in 1st grade, my middle is just about 4, my baby is 18 months, and yet ever since her birth, it hasn't ever all come back together for me. After careful analyzation I have not reached any definitive conclusions as to why. (Though I did recognize that I am an analytical person!--and when I voiced this realization to my friends they looked at me like I was kidding and then said, "Well, duh.")
Some of my more critical theories include a) I am lazy; b) my kids are too close together; c) I am not training them to be helpful enough; d) I watch too much TV.
When I am in a more gentle and forgiving frame of mind, the train of thought runs more in this vein: a) my husband is rarely home to help; b) my baby is a climbing destructive monkey (who I love dearly) at a difficult age; c) I have a demanding calling and probably a bit too much on my plate.
In an effort to solve this, I am trying to get more organized (love simplemom.com). I have hired a college-age girl to help me 2-3 hours a week (ah, heaven! my house actually got dusted and vacuumed on the same day last week!) I got a pedicure and manicure last week. And I am heading to San Francisco for a girls trip next Thursday (shopping and Wicked!) Also, D is working his final Saturday this weekend after which he will never ("nevah evah" he says) work on Saturday again. (sing choirs of angels!)
Maybe I will finally begin to blog again. Because I have missed it and you!
7 comments:
Wahoo for no more Saturday's!!!! I take it his practice is up and running and doing well. Yea!
I loved your critical theories as to why. I have these same thought all the time about myself. We are just beginning the climbing, or what we call "godzilla of destruction" stage with sam. I can't yet imagine having three monsters- dearly loved monsters- destroying everything in site yet in my life. It sounds like there are a lot of perks with the new job.
Good luck with that. I do hope to see you more on your blog. It makes me feel closer- (like you are really so far away)
I'll bet you have it more together than you think, all things considered. Having D home on Saturdays will be so great! Glad you're finding time to blog again.
I can totally relate to this. It is fun that you are blogging again because for some reason I do find time to look.
Good for you taking some Girl Time. And HALLELUJAH that Sat work is OVER! May spring bring you brighter days in more than one way. (Ick, sorry, that was some cheesy rhyming...)
I hear you and completely understand. I am pretty sure I will never get it all back together, but did I really have it to being with?
Post a Comment