13 weeks pregnant tomorrow, and the energy is returning . . . gradually. The nausea is abating . . . somewhat. But oh, the fall-out!! I gazed around my house this morning and had to retreat to the bedroom to spare my soul the stress.
After everyone was in bed last night, I willed myself through exhaustion to stick some construction paper hearts on the wall, set the table with Valentine's themed dishes and tablecloth so that I could make some heart-shaped pancakes this morning and look like a Good Mom. I was glad I'd made the effort, though, because it yielded some delighted children. I felt like a bit of a cheater because I got Good Mom status without doing anything super special. But I'll take it. Now I need to find a way to earn a Good Wife badge.
I spent the morning gathering supplies for Chatterbox's 2nd grade Valentine's party (we're heading there momentarily). How did I get roped into being room mother?? Then we ran to the grocery store for a few more supplies and picked up lunch for D. It was fun to see him, but I came back to the post-apocalyptic wasteland known as my home. I retreated to the bedroom again. I can only put off the cleaning frenzy so long, but it will have to wait until after school.
It's dull. I'll try to take a photo to jazz this blog up a bit. I hope you all have a fabulous Valentine's Day!! XOXO
1 comment:
You can't see the floor in my front room, nor Kate's room our my own. There is a new saying at our house.... Love is sitting on the couch watching tv and putting off cleaning the bathroom. And it is true.
Post a Comment