This month has flown by! We hardly took any photos at all, but what we did take I will share below. Of course the very beginning of March we were in Newport Beach and that deserves a post of its own, so I'll do some photos of that trip later. For now, let's start with
March 9, Mancub's 7-month birthday:
and just a few days later, another one of the boy:
Then came St. Patrick's Day.
Dad and Man-cub:

Smidget insisted we make a trap again this year. She worked on it for 2 mornings while Chatterbox was at school, then roped Chatterbox into joining her. Sadly, I did not get a photo of it, but it was awesome. They taped cardstock together to make a tall stovepipe hat, then painted it all green and cut a little door in it. They placed it on top of a small amazon box, which they then cut a hole in so the leprechauns would fall in and be trapped. They placed gold coins and chocolate gold coins down in the box. Then they added a little ladder for the leprechauns to climb. Those sneaky leprechauns must have had pocketknives, though, because they sliced right through the packing tape on the bottom of the box. They escaped with the gold leaving a treasure hunt (and some naughty green footprints) behind. The chase took the girls scrambling all around the house,
culminating in finding the bowl of gold and a fun toy for each of the girls in the refrigerator!
Those naughty leprechauns left a mess all over the place!!
Mom left a little something on the doorstep too ... hunted all over the world for that stupid licorice!
And Smidget brought home "Take-Home Teddy" one last time. I was so excited (that sentence is dripping with sarcasm).
The End.


4 comments:
Fabulous. Cute little man, fun hunt, amazing trapping skills, and I know what you mean about take home teddy; we've got Flat Stanley at our house right now.
How 'bout you go have yourself a fantastic weekend, because you know what? YOU, my lady, are a fantastic woman.
fun!
You did good on St. Patrick's Day. I had Jillian and her friend put together a treasure hunt for the little kids. I am all holiday-ed out. You children are darling. Can I come see them in person this summer?
Amy, Please do!! We need to get together. I saw your blog post about doing Newport Coast with Jan and Joe. So jealous.
Post a Comment