August 20th came quickly! We arrived home from a LONG vacation in Utah (26 days to be precise) on Sunday before school. I had used the time in Utah to get their supplies and some new clothes so we were ready as far as those things go.
Here are Chatterbox and Smidget, 4th and 1st graders, just before leaving. It was a HOT day and Smidget came home exhausted and sweaty from her "sweatshirt dress"--I had warned her about her choice earlier, but she could not be dissuaded.
Each of them in the classroom. Yep, that's Queenie in her pj's. Nice.
And a week later, Queenie finally got to start preschool! She goes to the same teacher as she had last year "Teacher Ashley". She's a young mom of one and is creative and fun. She teaches out of her home which is now just around the corner from me! (Smidget went to her 2 years ago, but it was a 15 minute drive back then!) Here is Queenie outside our house just before we left:
And here she is with one of her besties:
In class. How did I NOT get a picture of her with Teacher Ashley??
We had a rough start, let me tell you. Smidget is not a morning person and the transition to 1st grade has been tough. She is incredibly smart, but the long days filled with all work and no play (from her point of view) are no fun. After a particularly bad morning, D went and bought the two oldest their own alarm clocks and then gave them a kind but firm talking-to. Things are much better, but Smidget still drags her feet in the morning.



5 comments:
I love seeing your girls growing up. E looks so much like you! No matter what, I always have to wake Hayden from the dead to get to school on time. Some kids are just not morning kids! I hope it cools down soon for you and that you're enjoying your time with little L.
I'm still reading! I've yet to post about the first day of school, and the final, oh, MONTH of summer...
Your kids are so cute - I feel like we're living parallel lives at times...my second is the feet-dragger at our house, too, though the time of day does not really matter for her. She's just plain lazy, it seems. And then she's shocked when there's no time left in the day for "privileges". No shocker for me.
I'll happily wait for early morning school. We are LOVING afternoon kindgergarden. Kate could be up and ready, but I might be a little too groggy to drive.
yep, I am for sure here and reading!
Hey- This blog would still be worth it, even if it were just for your dear mother and sisters-in-law. Still reading. . .
Post a Comment