Yep. Sunshine. Ahhhh. . .
Over the Christmas break, a friend mentioned that it seemed every time she looked at my blog we'd been to Disneyland again. Well, I will keep that in mind as I post about the joys of the past week and a half.
Monday through Wednesday of last week we were in a sunny spot in southern California. It was in the 80's! It is the first time I've ridden the Grizzly Peak's River Run ride at D-------d because usually I don't want to get wet. This time we ALL wanted to get wet. Oh, and January is the time to go to D------d. We've been in early May (a nice time), September (a nice time), and November before Thanksgiving rush (a nice time) but nothing compared to January. We were walking on everything. It was very fun. We are now done with D-------d because Smidget will be 3 next week and we would have to start paying for her. Plus, 4 times in one year (8 days of missed kindergarten) is enough to put anyone off for awhile.
We arrived home to high 60's and low 70's and spent the rest of the week (Thursday, Friday and Saturday) at the park every day. Monday was Martin Luther King Jr. day and so we had a barbecue at the park with a bunch of friends. It was glorious.
But the gloomy ho-hum weather is back. I spent all day at home in my pajama bottoms yesterday, cleaning and nursing a sick baby back to health. I didn't even get out for a run. Today is more of the same. I wish that Mr. Sunshine would stick around awhile. But I sure enjoyed his company while he was visiting.
3 comments:
You know, it's not as nice and warm in Maryland as it is in Cali, but the sun shines SO much more than Michigan, and that more than half the battle in my humble opinion... :) Hey, I have a GREAT book for you: A Girl Called Zippy by Haven Kimmel. SO fun. If you like it, she wrote a "sequel" whose name I cannot recall. :)
I am so so jealous that you were able to get that much sun. I really wish that we had more sun here. Sounds like you guys have been having tons of fun too. Maybe we will have to come and visit you sometime in January so we can go to d-------d too and walk on all of the rids.
We have had pretty amazing winter weather here too. A couple days of rain but mostly heaven! Glad and jealous that you got so much Disneland!
Post a Comment