Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Poor Little Neglected Blog,

You haven't been tended to much recently. Without my constant care, you have become dull, colorless, and not worth reading. Attention to you has all but ceased. But the truth is, there have been much more exciting things occupying my attention. For instance,

  • I actually got to see TWO! movies over the vacation, both of which were interesting, thought-provoking and depressing. (Any guesses?)
  • Killing bunnies. That is, playing a game called "Killer Bunnies" for endless hours. Crazy fun.
  • Attending my younger brother's wedding and reception. Sorry, Blog, you just can't touch that, though the prep work was decidedly less fun.
  • Eating fondue, or as my sister-in-law calls it, "a chocolate pot of deliciousness" for New Year's Eve.
  • Building a drunk snow man with my daughters. We didn't know he was drunk, but we put sunglasses on him and the next day he was doubled over. . . . looked pretty drunk to me.
  • Seeing a moose in Alpine.
  • Eating at Cafe Rio twice in one day. Also ate at Bajio and Gandolfos.
  • Enjoying crepes at my newly married brother's darling apartment. Thanks, Meridith and Scott!
  • Having a Hungarian food feast thanks to the three returned missionaries in my family who served in Hungary.
  • Oh, and of course Christmas morning. Santa was kind.
(It looks like a few too many of these moments involved food, which is why I am hard at work on my New Year's Resolutions.)

The vacationing has ended, though, and so you might (key word "might") get a little more love from me now.

We'll see.

6 comments:

Amy and Chad Larson Family said...

1. I'm guess Benjamin Button and...Boy in the Striped Pajamas? I haven't seen either, but that is my guess. I haven't seen ANY movies this season. Not happy about it.

2. We love Killer Bunnies! Crazy fun. Another reason for us to come and visit.

3. Your food based holiday sounds eerily similar to mine--how did I not see you at Cafe Rio?

I'm much more guilty of blog neglect than you are, but I'm glad you are back. I've missed your posts.

amydear said...

Mmm, fondue. I'm planning a Valentine's Day fondue party, since we never got to it at Christmas.

Why does everyone's trip to Utah involve going to restaurants? I am clearly missing out.

You have soooo many more married sibs now! Remember when it was just you?

Does Hungarian food taste good? Just curious.

Do you have any photos to go along with your escapades? Especially ones of food.

Mays and Matt said...

Are there REALLY THREE returned Hungarian missionaries in the family? :)

Polliwog said...

Okay, here are the answers to your many questions.

1. Amy L, YES Benjamin Button (never heard of the Boy in Striped Pajamas), and Valkyrie. Were you in Utah?! If I missed you, I will be SO mad. Especially if we were at the same Cafe Rio, though there are ten billion of them in Utah, so chances are slim.

2. I am having a fondue party for Valentine's day too. We should compare notes Hungarian food is delicious. I'll get some photos.

3. No there are only 2 SOON TO BE 3 returned Hungarian missionaries.

Dolphinsbarn said...

You saw a moose? Where?

Polliwog said...

Suzy and I saw a moose on our way into Alpine, back road, just before going up the hill. There is an open field there, and he was wandering around in it. Cars were parked all along the road to watch him.