Thursday, August 4, 2011

Today

Some random thoughts--

*I almost got talked into becoming a Mary Kay consultant last night at the party I hostessed. This is hilarious on so many levels. D just rolled his eyes this morning when I told him of my insane thoughts the prior night. It's like the time I wanted to buy a timeshare at the Ko'Olina Marriott before we had even bought our house. I'm very impressionable, what can I say??

*I'm feeling great and I am kind of bummed about that. Surely if I felt worse it would be a sign that a baby was coming? A wonderful friend took all 3 of my kiddos this afternoon so I could do a Costco, Winco, and Target trip. I may or may not have stopped for a diet Coke at McDonald's. Don't judge me.

*This morning I had an NST and OB appointment. Doctor set an induction date for August 15th, which is one day before I had thought was my earliest possible day ... something about a rogue ultrasound that gave a due date of the 21st instead of the 23rd. It's strange how the prospect of one day less of being pregnant actually made me giddy. I think if I could have, I would have clicked my heels on the way out.

*Suddenly in the car it hit me -- I have only 2 more NST's! I have only 1 more Dr. visit! That induction is 11 days away. How can something you are wishing for practically every moment of every day actually suddenly surprise you with its nearness? I had a slight panic attack as the reality started to set in.

*I still have a lot to do. Yikes.

*I may or may not have celebrated by sneaking a piece of candy. And a small bite of ice cream cake. Oops.

*Another amazing and talented friend stopped by tonight and colored and cut my hair, then cut my girls' hair too. They are now all set for school and I (well, at least my hair!) is all set for Baby Boy. Important stuff first, of course!

*Still no name for Baby Boy. I told D that if he doesn't give me a serious suggestion soon, I am naming the baby myself. Would you like to hear his most recent "suggestions" (of course you would!)--Dartanian (call him "Dart"); Kermit (it means "Free Man"-wouldn't that be awesome to have Free Man Freeman??); Rory (It means Red King. How cool is that??) These were all given to me during Sacrament Meeting. Appropriate, right? Add to these Tim Riggins and you see why we are struggling. Though he did point out that the only 2 names on our keep list were submitted by him as well, so he feels he's done his part. Why can't I just like a name?

*My girls are such good sports. They haven't complained once about all of the babysitting they've been experiencing this summer. It's such a relief!

*Queenie turned 3. Still no progress on potty-training. It's quite discouraging.

The End.

6 comments:

Crystal said...

I have lots of comments.
One- I love that you almost want to be a Mary Kay lady, I refuse to be convinced even to host those parties for other people. This made me laugh and love you.
-The possibility that your baby will come before mine even makes me want to cry even more.
-Don't be too discouraged, with the trip to the hospital, our four year old is still having set backs.
- Where was this ice cream cake from and who is going to get me one for myself?

Unknown said...

good post em, and good comments crys.

Ming said...

Having two kids in diapers isn't the worst thing in the world. We did it for 8 months. :) I wish you success soon though, because as you know, once they are trained it's amazing.

Hooray for an earlier induction date. I relate completely. Nothing is more exciting at this stage of pregnancy than knowing you'll be pregnant one day less. And hey, that's one day closer to being able to eat candy bars and ice cream cake without sneaking it. ;)

Diet Coke it up. No judgment here.

Polliwog said...

Sisters are the best!! Thanks for the comment love, gals.

I had never been to a MK party until a month ago, but a) it was SO fun with all my friends getting facials and b) the consultant gives you 50% off everything you buy if you hostess, so I went for it. 6 friends doing makeup and eating ice cream together? I love it. But I was only considering doing the 'consultant' gig for the 50% off makeup. Basically I'd just buy it for my friends and myself. I loved the cleansing system I bought last time. But then I realized I hadn't really tried any other products and also I am having a baby next week and ALSO I know nothing about makeup and rarely wear it. These reasons, in addition to many others, are the hilarious part. It was all about saving money but it was silly logic.

Ice cream cake was made by me for said party. I've made it years ago but I was reminded of it on Mindy's sister's blog (http://www.howdoesshe.com/summer-ice-cream-delight) and the best part is you can make it yourself in about 5 minutes. You should indulge. It will make you feel better. Use Lite cool-whip and tell yourself it's "diet" (ha!)

amydear said...

Thank you for all the good laughs in this post. Totally made my day. I will "cheers" you with my Diet Coke!

Meridith said...

I totally see your logic with MK. :)AND--you could totally help me out, since I am right there with you with the whole no-idea-about-make-up thing. You sound so energetic; I am impressed.