Monday, August 1, 2011

Sweetness

I wake up multiple times per night at the moment, usually to go to the restroom. Tonight I woke up to find a little body snuggled in between D and myself. It's not unheard of for one of my littler two girls to have a nightmare or need a drink and make their sleepy-eyed way to my room--but always I hear them, and frequently have dragged them into bed and situated them next to me in an effort to stay asleep myself. Last night, though, her presence was a surprise--I didn't have a clue how my 5 year old had made her way to her cozy spot. It was sweet to lay next to her and inhale her child-smell. I savored the moment between wake and sleep as I drifted off, thinking how blessed I am to be a mother of three darling girls. Perhaps an hour later--maybe less; it's hard to judge passage of time while in the midst of sleep--I heard the quick footsteps of Queenie, coming to join us. King bed or not, 2 little ones in with a very pregnant me is just plain too many, so I nudged D who got the chicklets back to their beds and settled in. I sure love my girls!

No comments: