I'm like a woman trapped on a desert island, and this is my bottled message. If it makes it out to the cyber ocean, frankly, I'll be surprised.
See, being in the rural spot we're in, there is no DSL available. We got a little spoiled in Michigan with high-speed, and I really think there is no going back. Once we moved, we found that in order to get high-speed we had to subscribe to Wild Blue, a satellite internet service. So we did. That was all fine and dandy until about 2 weeks ago, when suddenly for no apparent reason everything has gone from bad to worse, with no service at all for several days. Now we can connect but the service is SLOW and, though I've attempted it regularly, this is the first time I've been able to log in to blogger.
This is an apology. And a complaint, actually. And also a warning--never, ever use Wild Blue. I'll spare you the rant you might have gotten had I been able to post yesterday. Let's just say I am pretty sure a class-action lawsuit will be slamming this company in the near future based on all the complaints I read online. We're the lucky ones--we only have 2 months left of a contract and then we'll be free.
I have a dream that one day I will live in a home where I can get DSL from a regular company; I won't have to drive my daughter 20 miles each way to preschool 3 days a week, all the while keeping my tank filled with exorbitantly priced gas; and I can take a walk (or better yet, a run!) without fear of farm dogs attacking me--that's more my own issue than anyone else's, but still.
If you don't hear from me for awhile, you'll know why.
5 comments:
So sorry to hear about all of your internet troubles. That's no fun. I have missed your fun posts! What will you guys do for internet once you are not with that company anymore? You should put up a baby counter thing on your blog so we know how much longer you have on your pregnancy!
I did wonder where you had been.
I was also wondering where you had been. I don't know if there are many things more frustrating in life then not having internet. Good luck, stay strong hopefully you will be back soon.
bummer, i HATE lost computer time. i am, quite frankly, addicted to the computer. but still, there are a few legitimate things i need to do and it kills me to not be able to do them. so best of luck and may you be blessed to have Verizon move into your neighborhood this year... and for the record, i live in one of the most densely populated parts of the US, and i get chased by dogs EVERY DAY! do you think people feel even a twinge of guilt for disobeying the leash laws? or are they having too much fun watching the fat girl huff and puff away from the big scary doggie?!?
Isn't it crazy how dependent we've become on Internet service? When we moved from OR to CA, we went a full week without service (or more importantly, e-mail!). It was torture. I felt lost without it. I had to look through the Yellow Pages for phone numbers to get services started. Seriously, the Yellow Pages telephone book! Remember those?
Post a Comment