Apparently I achieved the ultimate in blogging publicity recently. Well, that's a slight (huge) exaggeration, but it sounds oh-so impressive.
It went down like this--
This morning I received an email from my good friend Amy, of veggiebunch fame. She had received an email from her sister, reporting that she had seen my blog pop up on the blogger.com dashboard page under recommended blogs. (I am pretty sure we could link this to Kevin Bacon if we kept it up.)
This is at first flattering, subsequently frightening and embarrassing, and finally, anticlimactic.
It sounds so impressive, as if there are highly skilled and well paid editors scouring the blogging world in an attempt to discover the next great American writer. And, people, it is ME!
But then you realize 1) You don't want the world seeing your picture and your new baby's picture and reading the intimate details of your most recent birthing experience and 2) (here is where the vanity creeps in) you haven't posted anything very well written in months--ever since the miseries of late trimester pregnancy robbed your mind of its usefulness.
And finally, your pride and worries all abate as you realize that your blog was no doubt chosen at random and featured for a mere 10 minutes before some other equally dull blog replaced it on the usually-ignored blogger.com dashboard page. You just got "lucky" and someone recognized you, which is how this upsetting news reached you in the first place.
There you have it--the convoluted thought process of my past 10 minutes. Or so. What a treat.
5 comments:
CELEBRITY STATUS FOR SURE! All I want in life is to be listed in Blogger's "Blogs of note" section. I've gone to many of those, and I can say without doubt that somebody is picking those out & that they are not just random... I've also clicked on the recently updated area, and those are much more random, and much less impressive. I'm jeal-ee-oh-so.
Um, pretty sure it had to have been the recently updated, as I can find no mention of my famous self in the blogs of note. Sad, but true.
Hahaha. Truly a great moment. And let's face it, your third-trimester musings still take the cake when compared with my everyday junk. Enjoy your moment of glory. Random or not.
Every post of yours is well-written, savvy, smart, and grammatically correct. I aspire to blog as well as you do. Thanks for trying to share the fame.
Oh how we all aspire to such greatness.... seriously that is awsome.
Post a Comment