I'm trying not to overrun my own blog with kiddy photos. But they are just so cute. Oh, and at the moment they are absorbing every nanosecond of my existence. Also they are pretty cute. Did I mention that yet?
Here's Baby, in case you are wondering what she looks like. Sad to say, she has colic, which is just what I get for having the world's easiest child first. It was all downhill from there. But on a happy note, she sleeps well at night to make up for the constant bouts of crying while she's awake. I am maintaining my sanity, thanks to a helpful husband and nerves of steel. If it weren't for those blasted hormones, everything would be dandy.
I'll tell you what I am tired of--pads. Breast pads. Maxi pads. You name it. I keep finding my stupid breast pads all mangled and up under my armpit. (Well, almost.) At this point I think it might be worth just taking my chances on springing a leak. The momentary humiliation seems only slightly less appealing than the constant annoyance of pad-hunting.
I am also tired of my eyes twitching. And my memory malfunctioning. I wake up in the morning and can't actually remember how the night went--did I get up once? twice? Did I change any diapers? I really don't know.
And finally, I am tired. Dead tired. This will explain the problems I am having expressing myself. Chalk it up to Baby Brain.
13 comments:
So cute!
Two words: Lily Padz They are great.
www.lilypadz.com
-Kristine
Kris, those look great! Thanks for the tip.
She is BEEE-UTIFUL! Oh my goodness. She is gorgeous. I really am sorry that you are struggling so much with the colic. It must be very difficult. I will pray for you. Thank goodness she will go to bed though.
And as for the pads - amen sista!
Emily
I loved checking out your blog and seeing your beautiful little baby. She looks just like your other two! I hope that you are surviving the "baby brain". I forgot all about the pad thing. It's a good thing you mentioned it, I need to put that on my list of things to get. We have a month left and I hope our little girl comes and gives me some "baby brain", at least I will have something to blame my craziness on then!
Take care,
Ronna
Oh my goodness! Baby looks just like Smidget. Do you think? Exactly! I have no comment on pads. Oh wait, yes I do. Hate 'em! I try not to use them at the first possible moment, which isn't always a good idea. Is your baby brain accepting phone calls? I want to chat!
Ah, I feel like I just had a good gripe session with my girl friends. Thanks for the love.
Baby brain is definitely accepting phone calls! Chatting ranks high on my list of what I want to do these days.
Ronna-I can't wait to hear about your little girl. Did you check out my friend's link to the lilypadz? I think I may have to try a pair. :) I only wish I'd heard of them earlier.
I have thought all along that she looks exactly like smidget. Did chatterbox look that way too? She is adorable and I'm sorry that you are having "baby brain." I hope it gets better from here. I just wish I was there to hold her and help you out with your sanity. One thing I am good at is holding babies, even if I can't make them. :)
Me too on the pad thing.
Oh goodie, though Kate is not too old you sort of forget about all that good stuff. Thanks for reminding me of what i have to look forward to, bleeding, leaking, crying, exhaustion and stupidity!!! What fun!
The first pic looks just like smidget, but the next pic I think she has a little bit more of her own look. Either way they are both adorable and I would love to cuddle that baby.
Colic? Oh no. Must be in the name. My first one broke me in with a few months of that. We found a few techniques that really eased the pain, though. You might have heard of Happiest Baby on the Block? I think it's also a book, but we borrowed the DVD from our pediatrician. Try it out. And good luck!
I just love you! I feel your pain. Audrey hasn't been the easiest baby, she cries a lot too! In fact today she was just happy to be laying down, awake in her crib. Curtis and I were in shock! I am glad hubby is so good to you! I forgot about the nursing pad thing too. Curtis is good at finding those in the couch and in our bed. Forgot about that bad habit I have. I'll call you real soon. Your girls, as always, are darling. Take Care!
Post a Comment