This was it. The big week that I was to start exercising again. Baby is 5 weeks, I am feeling pretty good . . . why not jump in with both feet?
So I did. My attainable goals for the week were 1) to exercise 4 times and 2) to eat dessert on only 2 days. Simple enough, right? I walked 5 miles with a friend on Monday morning. That started things off with a bang.
And there ends my bragging session. Baby has plunged into an "I'll wake up every hour if I feel like it" mode (after teasing me with days of 5-7 hour stretches, which I got used to pretty fast). So the exercising goal may have to wait a bit. Also, 2 days have passed and 2 desserts have been eaten. Goal #2 is in some serious danger as well.
It's okay, though. When I hold that little spirit each night (incidentally, she only wants ME to hold her which is flattering but gets old very, very fast) I just try to freeze time and keep those sweet moments with me always. She is growing so quickly already, and shamefully there are some days when I earnestly wish these fussy newborn days away in favor of an easier time. I'm trying not to, though. "Joy in the journey" or something like that.
One other thing 'came and went'--my weekend with D. After working 11 straight, we had him all to ourselves for four blissful days. We spent these running errands, cleaning, organizing the garage, and the like. Being together was the best part. Oh, and having someone else around for the kiddies. That was nice, too.
9 comments:
I think I should not read your blog for a while... it is just making me depressed about things to come.
Crystal, lol! I'll find something new to write about soon, I promise! Besides, I am sure you will have an angel baby who sleeps through the night right away and never, ever cries. (We can hope, right?)
Don't be so hard on yourself, remember it has only been 5 weeks!
You are smart to try and "freeze time" with A, even if it's in the middle of the night, they grow so fast. I'll call soon, it's been a while.
You keep talking about these fun life experiences. You are doing great and I am so jealous that you are so motivated to exercise. Can you bottle it and give me some.
This too shall pass. I just pray that you won't have to take your 3-year-old to the Pediatric Sleep Center because she's still waking up 15 (no exaggeration) times a night. Hang in there. Keep the expectations where they should be as a mother of 3 kids- one being 5 weeks old.
You can do it! (You have to you see cause I have been waiting for you to start so you can be my motivation!)
Hey, nice background. Maybe I should use it . . . kidding! That was so random; I totally didn't mean to do it. So sorry! Don't exercise for awhile because I don't want you to be faster than me too soon; I want to be able to run with you next year. I am feeling mighty slow. Glad D was home for a weekend. We enjoy puttering around together too. I'm glad our house and yard aren't too big. Seems like just the right amount of work right now.
Great goals, but don't try to stretch yourself too far too fast. That's great that you had D for the weekend. He really had to do 11 straight days? That's crazy. I'm sorry that the baby was teasing you with a couple of good days of sleep. At least you were able to get some sleep in there right?
Em,
The girls are so darling! It has been a while since i have read... i felt guilt because i haven't posted...
Hope everything is going well..
Loves,
Michelle
Post a Comment