Monday, October 27, 2008

One lucky customer (or just bad grammar)

Today I sat on hold with my insurance company, growing increasingly impatient with both the interminable wait and the mind-numbing excuse for music that drummed ceaselessly in my ear. After several minutes of such torture, a recorded woman's saccharin voice declared, "All of our customer service agents are speaking with another customer. Please continue to hold." I suppressed a giggle as the nerdy English major in my head replied, "Really? ALL of them? What a lucky customer!"

At least there was some decent entertainment while I waited.

5 comments:

Angie said...

LOL, that is hilarious. I love it!

DawnTreader said...

What a coincidence: I was that other customer, and I was regaling them with embarrassing stories about YOU. BWAHAHA!

Dolphinsbarn said...

You are your mother's daughter, aren-cha?

amydear said...

Darn it, your brother stole my punchline. I appreciate grammar-related jokes! You know I do! Did you ever get through?

Unknown said...

good one!