Sunday, October 5, 2008

Ugh!

There we were, roasting in Anaheim's high 80's as we waited for the Toy Story ride. It was hot. So hot my mother would have spelled it first, as in "It's h-o-t-t HOT!" From directly overhead, the sun beat down on us. And that's when D's people-watching skills paid off. He raised his eyebrows and pointed to the miserable feet of a girl in the line running parallel to us. She was wearing a pair of these:

You can only imagine the pun that played in my head at that moment (for the unimaginative, refer to my post's title). But come on, is it worth sweating your calves to death for fashion? I say NO WAY.

Does that make me old?

4 comments:

Dolphinsbarn said...

This year in Hawaii, you can prove how not boring you are by wearing your Ugs. Only then will I know you aren't old, or boring.

Ming said...

I've heard that the sheepskin in Ughs is supposed to wick away sweat, and therefore are supposed to be a good summer and winter shoe. Keep your feet dry from sweat in the summer, warm and cozy in the winter. However, I'm with you and wouldn't dare wear my Ughs in the summer. Sweat wicking or not, it sounds hot!

Mays and Matt said...

I'm pretty sure you spell that brand UGG, but I love this post. I have some of these, and they are HOT in all ways, so I think that girl was s-w-e-a-t-i-n-g. However, I will wear mine running tonight to see if they truly "wick away moisture" just so we can settle this debate. I can't WAIT to see you all tomorrow!

Ken and Amy said...

So this comment has nothing to do with UGH's...it's about turkey's.

I also missed out on the turkey craft, but Anna sent me hers and I've been copying it. If you are ambitious and ready to tackle a new project, I can send you the patterns that I recreated. Let me know!