Monday, November 24, 2008

I hereby dub you--

I have been waiting until I hit upon the perfect blogging pseudonym for our newest family member, Baby A. I didn't feel that I knew her well enough to affix a label to her, but at long last I have settled on one.

Henceforth and hereafter, Baby A will be known throughout the blogging realm as Queenie. This idea sprang from my last post, where I called her Queen of the Binky. Pretty quickly I realized that she is Queen of the Household in general. She squawks, we jump--or something like that.

This fact is not lost on Smidget, who is none too happy about it and displays her displeasure by vigorously rubbing Queenie's hair every chance she gets. This elicits a loud series of cries, which can be translated quite simply into "That kind of treatment does not suit the Royal Mood".

Queenie is getting a little big for her britches, and is not content with being left to swing in her throne. Upon being set down, it only takes seconds for her to start in with more squeals. These mean, "How dare you set Me down? I decree that I shall be held the rest of the evening." And that's that. She IS held the rest of the evening if she wishes.

But you know, I don't mind being her subject for the time being. She's pretty cute, after all. Smidget, on the other hand, isn't thrilled about the circumstances. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there is coup one of these days.

2 comments:

Angie said...

It sounds like the perfect name for her. I was wondering when you were going to give her a nickname. She sounds just like a little one who has older siblings who can help hold her and give her what she wants. I'm sure Smidget will warm up to her once she can actually play with her and make her do whatever she wants. :)

Susie said...

Sounds perfect for a third child just trying to ensure her place in the family... and the world. Cute, cute.