My little suckaroo, Baby A, is beginning to redeem herself for the first three months of her life.
Where she used to cry or scream every waking, non-nursing moment, she now coos and grins. She even giggles. (She still likes to be held, but so would you if you'd had that luxury for three months straight.)
Where she used to require a precise combination of swaddling, noisemaker, dim lights, proper positioning and vigorous dancing for 15 solid minutes before drifting off into a frustratingly short slumber, she now falls asleep independently after being laid, AWAKE!, in her crib. I have never had a child who could do this without any sleep training. I pinch myself every time.
Where at 8 weeks she wailed her way through three miserable days at Disneyland, this past weekend she rarely fussed and even appeared to enjoy parts of the two days we spent there.
And, her most recent and possibly most celebrated accomplishment--on the drive to Disneyland she decided to take a binky. Well. And consistently. She is Queen of the Binky now, to the delight of both parents. (We've never had a child take a binky. I was beginning to doubt my parenting skills.) And there you have it. Life is a little brighter every day.
8 comments:
So glad things are going well, we are so jealous of your Disney trips! And looking forward to seeing you guys soon!
Good to hear life is getting a little easier with the little one!!! See you in a few days!!! :)
It certainly isn't parenting skillz. My kid does lots of those things and I don't do anything but toss him around and tickle his armpits. I think it's the big man's way of making sure I have more.
girls-can't wait to see you Wed!
As for you, dolphinsbarn, don't forget the dancing you do with your offspring. He's sure to rise to the top with that under his belt. ;)
I am so happy for you that things are starting to look up for you. I hope it stays that way! I'm glad that you were able to enjoy your time at Disneyland too.
Hooray for the sunny side of life! It looks like I'll be joining you in the "mother of 3 girls" club come April.
Glad to hear it was a successful trip. Yeah for the binky! It has been a lifesaver for me, the hard part is deciding when and how to take it away. :) I have not perfected that one.
Suckaroo? Is that her new name pour le blog? It has a certain, um, je ne sais quoi to it. Hee hee! Glad you made it, and I'm extra glad about the binky.
Post a Comment