Kindergartners are so darling they're almost edible (except for the ones who pick their noses).
This week Chatterbox was the "Beary Special Person" which meant that each child in the class wrote a note telling what they liked about her. These notes were suspiciously similar and followed a format where the student wrote I like your ____ and filled in the blank from a list. They could use their own ideas if they had any. Most did not. This example represents most of what we saw--"Dear Chatterbox, I like your smile. I like your eyes." Less verbal but still endearing is this version, "Dear Bxochat, I lik yr smil. . I lak yor iyes." Every one of the twenty-some odd entries included either smile, eyes, or hair. Except one--my favorite. It was the cover of the collection (it must have been the teacher's favorite too). "Dear Chatterbox, I like your voicee. I like your lips. I like you. Love, Rishab".
I was at least 18 before somebody said they "liked my lips". Sweet, huh?
4 comments:
That is priceless. You better keep an eye on her...and Rashid!
That is classic! I totally love that comment. How cute are kids? They really do say the darndest thing.
Look out mom! What's not to love about Chatterbox! Wish her a belated b-day from me too!
Mmm, lips! As I recall, Chatterbox's lips are quite cute and dainty. What's not to like? How fun to be the "Beary Special Person." And happy birthday to her and D!
Post a Comment