Friday, December 19, 2008

D's getting nuttin' for Christmas--

--unless someone can give me a good idea, and FAST! I have been enjoying the holidays so much this year. Having my own home is beautiful, and things were moving along smoothly. Until this week, when I hosted a lunch, made cookies for a service project, and made centers for chocolate dipping all in one day. My kitchen was cleaned only 2 times, which meant it was still in shambles. The next day some friends and I dipped our centers, which of course took an insane amount of time. I had to go to Activity Day (Night) without finishing cleaning and then my kitchen was borderline atrocious. I've worked at it since, and the dishes are mostly done, but the floor is sticky with hot chocolate drippings (something about my kids on barstools leading to a bigger mess than usual), papers are starting to pile, and counters are hard to see. When that happens, I start to feel my stress levels rising. And then I see the glass half empty--no presents for D yet. No Christmas cards finished yet. No cheesy potatoes made for the ward party. Laundry needs doing. Playroom needs picking up. (At this point I'm breathing into a paper bag and doing my best not to faint). And I still have a 12 day trip to Utah to prepare for. This is probably the last you'll hear from me until then.

Oh, and if I don't have your address and you want a card from me--do me a BIG favor and email it, will ya? :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

4 comments:

Cheri said...

Wow. This is my life EXACTLY right now. All under control until yesterday...and then Wham Bam! Good luck with it all!

amydear said...

I think most women in America echo your sentiments right now! Good luck with everything. As for D, you could do something 'creative' with framing stuff for his office, or the promise of it. I ran out of time on that project, so I am promising to do it in January, and I picked out one frame. Or just tell him he's WAY TOO naughty. : )

Angie said...

Good luck with all of that! I have been very behind too because of being sick. Oh well. I hope you have fun in Utah!

mama bear said...

Brett's getting "Good Eats" on DVD and probably a hood for his camera. Maybe a Madden football game for the XBox. I'm pretty sure you have our address still so I will be anxiously awaiting that card!
PS I might actually get mine in the mail by Christmas, but don't hold your breath.