Some Saturdays are chock-full of projects, errands, and soccer games. Today is not going to be one of those.
It's overcast, gloomy, and in fact downright chilly this morning. Here's how my lazy day has gone so far . . .
5:00 wake up Queenie for her morning nurse
5:16 crawl back in bed, stupidly because my alarm will go off at
5:20 drag my sorry, sleepy self from bed and shuffle through my get-ready-to-run drill
5:28 receive a text from my running partner, "5 minutes late"
5:29 fall asleep on the family room floor mid-stretch
5:35 depart in pitch-black cold for a 6-mile run (I'm pretty sure I slept through the first mile)
6:43 (yes, I'm s-l-o-w) arrive home to crying Smidget who wants me to "get her something" (this means "feed me!"
6:55 finish spoon feeding my groggy 3 year old her mini-wheats and carry her back to my bed, mumbling goodbye to D as we pass (he has to work today)
7:00 fall asleep next to Smidget, still in my stinky, sweaty running clothes (ew)
8:30 (WOW!) waken to the pit-pat of Chatterbox's slippered feet and the mews of my infant. I'm freezing cold due to 1) the low setting on the thermostat and 2) me falling asleep wet with sweat (double ew)
8:31-8:49 feed the restless natives--nursing for Queenie, cereal for Chatterbox
8:50 turn on a Christmas cartoon for Chatterbox, place Queenie in her jumperoo, and instruct the older one to wake me if the baby cries
8:51 back to bed with Smidget
9:20 (WOW!) I wake up. Queenie's tired of the jumperoo and wants to be held.
9:21 I run a warm bath for Chatterbox. I'm still freezing so I have some hot chocolate and turn on the fire. My throat hurts too. (A little cheese with my whine?)
9:50 Smidget finally wakes up.
This has been the greatest morning ever. Oh, it's 10:30 and yes, I am still in my running clothes.
5 comments:
How in the world did you keep convincing Smidget to go back to bed? I love a good sleep in. I had insomnia last night and ended up staying in bed until 8:40. Hope you had a nice shower afterwards and a good afternoon! And good job running the 6. I was supposed to run 6, but copped out. Next time~!
And you call that a lazy Saturday? You went running for goodness sakes!!
I didn't write that very well. I only had to get Smidget back to bed once (at 7). She slept til 10. I was the one up and down.
Yes, I use that excuse a little too often. "I went running" means I can sit back and do nothing the rest of the day. And still feel pretty good about it. D is not convinced.
I agree with the others..lazy nothin'...you went running before the sun was up! Something I never could get myself to do. In fact lately Jack has been sleeping until 10am so lets be honest...so have I!
You must not smell too bad after all that running and sweating or there is no way that little cutie could have slept next to you! Sounds like a wonderful Saturday to me.
Post a Comment