Thursday, January 20, 2011

January at the Park

Our visit to the park today gave me these joyful glimpses:
  • tiny toddler legs running through the matted, still-brown grass playing tag
  • giggling friends swinging in tandem, trying to kick me over and, when successful, squealing in delight
  • Queenie's small hand wrapped around my one index finger, pulling me throughout the park, wanting to share with me all the delights of her afternoon at the park
  • Sunlight beating down, warming me such that I had to take my jacket off
It was a teasing day--I am sure the sun will hide behind greyness for another month or so. But still I kept thinking-- THIS is why I live in California.

3 comments:

Ming said...

Seriously jealous! We definitely have the sunshine (which I love) but the temps are too cold for a day at the park.

Susie said...

January at the park - yeah, you won't see that blog post title anywhere on my site! Lucky duck.

Mays and Matt said...

BTW SO glad you're back on your blog.