Sunday church has just switched for us from the dreaded 1:30 p.m. to a celebrated 8:30 a.m.!! This has opened up all kinds of wonderful worlds for us, namely the world of afternoon napping. While Queenie, D and I slumbered lazily yesterday afternoon, Smidget and Chatterbox made excellent use of their time snipping up construction paper creations.
What happens when your friend's dog is killed by a car? Why, you create him a paper replica, of course. You also, apparently, create him a paper bowl and snips of delicious paper dog food. (Which your baby sister later scatters across the floor.) They made me a paper bouncy ball and a paper plate pizza (mmm). They made a paper fish, some paper fish food, and on and on. It was one of those projects I was glad kept them busy ... but now the conundrum is what do to with all of these 3-D masterpieces? Sell them on ebay, perhaps?
3 comments:
Hooray for morning church! We switched from 1 pm to 9 am this year, too. I think their Primary teachers are thanking their lucky stars, themselves.
we just switched from 1:00 to 9:00. It is like we have an extra day in the week. I couldnt be happier, more time together and lots more napping all around.
Ours in now @ 2pm with 4 units in the building... No fun... but paper pizza is very fun.
Post a Comment