It was April 6th, 2010 when I last posted. That was 8 MONTHS ago!! A lot of life has passed by in those months and I have not recorded an iota of it. How tragic.
Well, here's to a new year and a new focus--being my family's historian.
Not only was I on hiatus from my blog, but I realized today that I am 3 years behind in my scrapbooks as well. I'm not talking about fancy scrapbooks ... I abandoned that pipe dream a decade or so ago. I'm referring to the simple act of judiciously choosing the photos I MUST print for the year, uploading them to Costco, picking them up, and slipping them in the photo sheets in an 8 1/2 x 11 album. It's not that hard. But I am 3 YEARS behind.
I got a little glum over the holidays as I listened to my darling sister-in-law, mother of 2 cuties, describing her personal blogs she maintains for each child. They are very private (only grandparents get the code) because she wants to feel free to write whatever and however she feels. I assume she'll print them out as a book one day. I think it's super cool. I aspire to be her--but I don't think that's in the cards.
Quilting is another thing I have taken a hiatus from. I haven't quilted since Queenie was born. You may not realize this, but she is 2 1/2! Pathetic.
A few things I'd really like to take a hiatus from--laundry. I've folded a small mountain of it today. Oh, and my car smelling like hot chocolate.
But that's another post. (Which I promise I will be giving! Soon.)
7 comments:
This is the best news of the new year! Oh how I've missed you. : ) Blog on, Polliwog. Blog on. And I am back in 2007 on my scrapbooks, with big holes from 2003 -2006. :)
Hooray! I've had a wave of just being super tired every night for a couple of months. I guess that's my excuse! Anyway - loved your Christmas card. Such cute little girls. You ALL look great!
Yay! I have missed your blog.
I think iife just changes. It seems like it gets busier every year. If it makes you feel better I quit scrapbooking 8 years ago when I went back to school. I count my blog as my scrapbook but I have been blogging for almost 4 years and I am just starting my first blog book. Oh well. It will be interesting to see how 3 will go! Anyways, glad your back and looking forward to more posts but NO pressure. ;D
PS my word verification is singa....so I think you have some communicating with us to do! lol
I want a hiatus from laundry too. How can we make it happen? Happy New Year.
Hooray you're back! I'm sorry I made you feel glum. Not intentional. It was SO wonderful spending time with you guys over the holidays. Anna & Jack are two peas in a pod. I wish we lived closer so they could play more often. Your girls are all so adorable and well behaved. Jeff and I have said many times how impressed we were with your girls. You're an amazing mom!
You didn't make me feel glum, Ming! I greatly admire you. In fact, that conversation motivated me. I was just glum at what a slug I have become ... purely my own doing. :)
Post a Comment