We're off to Hawaii--my first time ever--and I am thrilled. And exhausted. Who knew getting a family ready for a week long relaxing vacation could cause so much sweat, anxiety, and general discomfort. It will all be worth it, I keep chanting as the laundry multiplies exponentially. It's like someone's been watering it with MiracleGro, I swear.
Of course, Smidget, my curly-haired 18-month old pixie, decided not to nap today and instead I spent an hour listening to unintelligible yelling from her deep, gravelly voice. I think she could see me working through the walls. She just wouldn't give in. Now I've plopped her and her angel elder sister, Chatterbox, in front of a Little Einsteins episode we Tivoed. Ah, shoot, it's over.
We leave tonight and I've still got one load left to fold. I'm trying not to think about what the laundry situation will be upon our return. It's almost enough to make me swear.
Aloha!
No comments:
Post a Comment