Here are just a few of your posts I have especially enjoyed recently. This is certainly not an all-inclusive list. It's just what I could remember last minute.
- actegratuit is a friend from San Francisco days and has a flair with words and blogging. I really identified with this post. If you're a mom, you'll love it.
- A friend from my youthful days and also my roommate senior year, Susie writes very well. I love hearing her mothering adventures. This post will put your kids' adventures in perspective.
- A roommate from my freshman year has her I'm Not Just a Mom blog, which is updated with humorous content frequently. She and her husband have another blog, wifeadvice, which is absolutely hilarious. One of my favorite posts is tubthumping, though you should take the time to browse there. There is plenty to enjoy.
- My younger brother is also a talented writer but, sadly, doesn't post much. This post about dangerous drinking fountains is funny and sweet.
- My other little bro (of toybugle fame) has a blog where he also writes far too infrequently, but on the rare occasion he writes a new post, it's a good one. This post about a freaky neighbor of his is pretty darn funny. If you like it, be sure to check out its follow-up post, Mario part 2.
- My cousin has a fun blog where she occasionally posts delicious recipes (she's a master baker) but this youtube video she posted a while ago gave me the giggles. I felt like I was back in San Fran getting a pedicure on Irving.
- Another SF friend posted this hotpockets video on her blog. If you haven't seen it, enjoy! I was wondering why D always sang "hot pockets" in a weird voice to me; it was because of this dumb (but hilarious) video. Warning: you won't get it if you have never eaten a hot pocket--AmyP?
- Former Ann Arborites, the Glenns, have a new baby. Their post What Happened to Our Son is all about the photos.
- Amy, my former neighbor and dear friend from Ann Arbor is an English major and a great writer. It's fun to read her thoughts. I liked this post about her 4 year old son's observation skills.
- My sister-in-law has music on her blog!! I like to open hers and keep it open so I can listen to it (I share her tastes). I was amazed when one day she posted that she's opened up a little internet shop for things she makes. I was even more amazed to see how good her stuff is (the adorable baby in the photos her baby, and thus, my niece).
6 comments:
This was a fun feature on your blog! I am the same way about not using google reader.
I am honored. That was a fun jaunt into blogland. I love all of your posts, you are a super writer.
Hey, Emily!! I'm so excited to see that you have a blog. I can add it to my list of things to check obsessively each night. I will have to check out your list of faves tonight when I am avoiding my workout. :)
That was a good idea, Em. Can't believe I made the cut. And you might have been too generous in your description of me as a "great" writer, but I'm honored.
Wow--thanks for the mention, even if you did link to an article about my weight ;) Can't wait to explore a few of your favorite posts...
Sorry, Nan, but that must be why it was SO hilarious. He has a lot of nerve--and you have a great sense of humor. I love the back and forth between you.
Post a Comment