Friday, December 14, 2007

There were never such devoted sisters ...

One day this week I wasn't feeling very well. Thankfully we had nowhere to be all day, so I just laid on the couch feeling miserable. My girls didn't get dressed until almost 2:00 p.m. and I'm not sure they ever got their hair combed. They aren't the girliest girls I've ever seen (especially Smidget, who will roll in the dirt and kiss the dog on the lips) but they've been enjoying our dress-up bin quite a bit recently. The hats aren't "dress-up" per se, but they decided they had to have hats and this was the best I could come up with.

Though Smidget has been a handful, her quickly developing vocabulary has led her to take a turn for the better. Her older sister is such a gentle soul that most arguments are quickly resolved with a quick hug and a pat for good measure. They can keep themselves pretty entertained, too. I love my sweet girls and am so glad they have each other. Especially on the days when mothering feels like a little too much. :)

11 comments:

jan said...

They are so cute, I wish we could drop by. Miss you all.

Angie said...

I wish we could drop by too! They are so adorable. I can't believe how big and beautiful they are getting. Way to go!

Polliwog said...

Rereading what I wrote, I should clarify--generally, I LOVE drop-ins and I miss that it never happens. The only advantage I referred to is that when one is feeling like a slacker, one can slack with little fear of discovery. ;)

Crystal and Jake said...

they look so much older just since we saw them in September, and more beautiful everyday! See you soon

caligirl said...

So very cute! I should have been the one to drop
by:-) Maybe next time your aren't feeling so well I will!

Paige said...

Wow, are your little darlings BLONDE, or what?? They are so cute. My girls play together really well, too. It is such a huge blessing. It is the only reason I survived my last pregnancy.

Woods said...

Could they be any cuter, I really don't think so. I love seeing all the cute and funny things they do. They are getting big. I hope to see you during the holiday.

mama bear said...

Hmmm, not feeling well and laying on the couch all day? Sounds like me a few months ago - is it baby time perhaps?
How fun that the girls are playing dress-up, Mollie is just starting that phase and I love it!!

amydear said...

I'm still so surprised every time I see M's shock of blond, curly hair. It's grown so much since you moved. They are still adorable. And definitely cute girly girls.

Crystal and Jake said...

Last night Jake and I went to Bill and Cheryl's, tons of aunts, cousins etc were there and Kate had the quilt you made her. Somebody asked if I had made it and before I could answer, somebody else said, no that must be store bought. When I corrected her and told everyone you had made it, the ohhed and awwed for several minutes about the desing, fabric and quality. Just wanted to tell you this story and give you some bragging rights.

Kierstin said...

What a sweet post!! I am getting choked up. I am so glad that my girls have each other, too and that they become better friends everyday. Even living here in the "city" people don't drop by because no one is at home these days. Everyone is entirely too busy with work and structured activities.