Currently, D is working at a job where he commutes 45 minutes. The hours at that job are 9-6. Therefore, he leaves here at 8:15 and returns sometime between 6:15 and 6:45, depending on whether he finishes early or not. It's an awfully late return time--my kids are always starving (on the days we actually wait for him to return before eating, which isn't always). However, it's joyful in the mornings when he's around to help get kids ready. He generally lets me sleep as long as possible and feeds the girls. Today we didn't have anywhere to be (no preschool on Tuesdays) so he got the girls started with a "show" as they call anything they watch on the TV, and told them not to wake me until it was over. I love that man! Consequently I slept until 8:45. Most of you are thinking I'm a lazy bum, but I am perfectly content to enjoy it while I can. I see those of you with kids in school, and I am aware that pretty soon I won't be getting much extra sleep, so I'm stocking up while the getting's good. :)
One other reason I'm praising my husband this week--on a recent trip to Sacramento, I accidentally discovered a Costco-sized box of gourmet hot chocolates (multi-flavored) in the trunk of the car. Since the surprise was spoiled (they were meant as a Christmas present), he handed them over and I've been sipping them ever since. Hooray for discoveries and for husbands who know we want deliciousness for Christmas.
5 comments:
Hey! I've been missed you, as Jillian used to say. That husband of yours sure sounds nice. Kyle's been out the door at 8pm these days, so I'm pretty much on my own. I have to say I'm looking forward to afternoon church just for the sleep in day. Sip some cocoa for me. You probably don't really need it there, but we certainly need it here.
er, make that 8am. : )
What a man!! Way to go, D!
I am so JEALOUS!!! That is about all I have to say about that:-) LUCKY!
That is so awesome! He's so wonderful to you and the kids. It sounds like you guys are doing well. Maybe I need to go get me some cocoa!
Angie
Post a Comment