First we have this quilt I made for Elisabeth, who will be having her first baby (a girl) in a month or so. It's from a pattern I picked up in Utah back in December. The fabric is Simplicity by Moda, and I made a coordinating one for myself, but it's not finished yet, so you'll have to see it later.
Second we have this more contemporary quilt, which is from a kit. I learned that I'm not wild about kits--despite following every direction there was a slight visual hitch, but I was able to figure out a way to make it virtually disappear. I do, however, love the colors and the look of it. It's backed and bound with a brown material with blue polka dots. Besides the binding, the other polka dots you see (borders and squares) are actually brown with cream. Sorry, the lighting isn't great. This one was very easy to piece and quilt. I'm donating it for the preschool auction. It's a funny story, really. I made a scrap quilt for the auction, but it was so much more labor-intensive and incorporated fabrics I'm in love with that I couldn't bear to give it up yet. Anyway, I only have the top of it done, so I guess I'll have to part with this one. It will probably sell better anyway.
13 comments:
Emily these are BEAUTIFUL!! I"m impressed. I would love to start quilting!!
What gorgeous quilts. I am a nut about the printed scenes on the second quilt, and I think your baby shower one is a knockout. A keep-forever-and-treasure quilt. The colors, patterns, and your free quilting turned out beautifully! Have a wonderful week!
Those look GREAT!! Very nice work!
Wow! Emily nice work. You are inspiring me. I am sure this winter I will be looking for a lot of time consuming indoor projects. Thanks for the post. It is so wonderful to be able to see what people are up to. Keep up the good work and keep us posted on the pregnancy.
I agree- I love the quilts! Thank You so much! I really think you did a fabulous job on the machine quilting! Now you need to teach me what you learned! I have never attempted machine quilting anything more than pot holders.
Oh, I am glad you got your internet working again.
Awesome, Em! Anna has become a machine quilter also and I envy both of you. I have the foot, but not the skill or patience (yet).
WAy to go! That's awesome. Looks like you are as good as my mom-in-law! She is amazing at quilting and makes me lots of cute stuff. Keep quilting and posing pics. I love them.
Great work. I really like the colors on the bottom one. You are really getting good. You should be so proud.
WOW! Both of these quilts are beautiful, I am soooo impressed with your free motion quilting. Keep posting your quilts, I love to see them.
wow, those are incredible! you are inspiring me to finish my nativity quilt...
The quilts are incredible. I went through a quilting stage and loved it. Your quilts inspire me to start up again. It is a very satisfying hobby, especially when the results look like yours!
I love the first one; you've become quite the quilter. Hey, I noticed your homeschooling links. Are you considering it?
Thanks for all of the encouragement friends! :)
Court, I am not seriously considering homeschooling--unless we haven't moved before kindergarten starts in August, because I am NOT starting her here and then moving her. But I've used a lot of those ideas in our activities at home and in teaching preschool. I'm not opposed to it, but I don't want her to be limited by my strengths/ weaknesses. I'll do it if I don't have great schools to send her to, though. We shall see.
Post a Comment