Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Return of the Queen

And when I say "the Queen", I am referring to myself, Ruler of the Domestic Domain.

Okay, it's a little much, but the title seemed catchy, and I am feeling on top of the world. I HAVE INTERNET ACCESS BACK! Yes, we finally broke down and forked over the $100 to a company I despise for a service they should already be providing. (grumble, grumble) But before I talk myself into a bad mood, I'll share a few of the things I missed most while I lived an internet-less life.

1. The ability to look up any strange fact when Chatterbox asked a question that stumped me (happens a lot).

2. Reassurance from quilting sites that I was doing the machine quilting correctly.

3. Access to talks and lesson helps for church

4. The interaction I get through blogs from friends and family.

5. Easy access to recipes via sites and gmail.

6. Browsing real estate options.

7. Mapquest and movie times.

I used to feel guilty for using the internet, and I still think it can be a slippery slope. But I realized while it was missing how many worthy things I use it for. I'm a tried and true internet fan. And I'm back in action!!

4 comments:

Nancy Clark said...

Welcome back to the slippery slope; glad to have you! :)

amydear said...

Welcome back, oh Queen. I don't know WHAT I would do without the internet, for all the reasons you listed. Seen any good movies lately?

amie said...

Glad to have you back!

Cherish said...

I'm glad the "Queen" is back...I've missed reading your posts!