It's time to celebrate. I am officially beginning a house hunt on Monday. This marks a big day for us--sure, we bought a townhome when we were first married which was (gasp) precisely a decade ago. But it's been so long, I've forgotten what home ownership really feels like. My brother's hilarious post almost put me off the search entirely, but when I realized that my only other option is a lifetime of renting, I decided the plunge must be taken. We are even preapproved for a loan--I think I understand what that means, but I'll stay away from talking about it just in case.
Oh, and did anyone watch the Scripps National Spelling Bee tonight? I think D and I are probably the exception, but having both been participants in our district bees, we were fascinated by the whole thing. If I were the pronunciation guy, I'd probably want to shoot myself though.
13 comments:
I am excited for you and your house hunt. It will be fun to see what you get and how you make it your own. I love looking at houses, you should post some of the homes you are considering. Also I did watch the Spelling Bee. Unlike you though, perhaps I was interested because I am the worlds worst speller.
I didn't know that such a speling bee existed but enjoyed watching it and reliving my own spelling bee days though I haven't retained the ability. Happy House Hunting!
See! I even spelled spelling wrong.
That is pretty funny. I love watching the bee. I always think I am a great speller until I watch it and then I am again humbled that I know absolutely nada! I agree you must post pictures of the houses because I love house hunting and all the fun that goes into that. All the best in your search.
Sister-in-law power, girls! Nice. :) Thanks for the comments. I will do my best to figure out how to post pics of the houses I like. We'll probably be looking for a deal and low-balling offers for awhile, so it may be something of a roller coaster at first. We shall see.
KJ, I thought the same thing about how once I thought I was such a great speller, but I would have been crushed to smithereens in round 1 at such a competition. Those kids are insanely great spellers. I was glad to hear the winner likes Guitar Hero.
LOL, your brothers post was hilarious! I had a good time reading it. The only part of the spelling bee that I saw was the part on the internet where the kid was supposed to spell "numnuh" and it totally sounded like "numb nut." It was hilarious. Did you see that part?
It's a great time to but a house! Good luck, you will love having a place of your own!
Good luck with the whole house hunting thing! We are sad it won't be in the Sacramento area. We were a little anxious to be home owner's and now we're paying the price. I guess that's life. Hopefully the market will not go any lower. My sister and her husband are moving into their house in Fresno as I speak. Maybe we'll have to move down there.
Good luck on finding your new house. Cant wait to see it.
I like spelling bees, although I'm not much of a speller. Maybe I just like to see overachieving little nut jobs & their parents battle it out.
Best moment of any spelling bee? Last years when that Patel kid challenged the judges... then still lost. Stewart Scott & the rest of the SportsCenter cast covered that one like it was the Superbowl. It was awesome.
... and speaking of women with impecible stlye and taste, who is this Dodgeparty woman? :) Thanks for linking me... I got all sorts of action from that link.
Having moved into our first home just 10 days ago, I can tell you it's crazy. The advantage you have is that you are in the area and can look on and off and whatever. We had a 5-day house hunting trip WITH CHILDREN!!! Can you say "nightmare?" Luckily, Maren is 15 minutes away and watched our girls for 2 of the days.
I missed the spelling bee b/c we don't have cable (you know me- frugal, frugal)but I love watching it when I can!
How fun, a new house! You will have to post some pictures when you find a winner! GOOD LUCK!
Post a Comment