Saturday, July 26, 2008

No New Post, but No New Baby

It's more a lack of subject matter that's keeping my writing at the minimum. All I can think about is this baby and trying to get ready for it, and that's not exactly post-worthy. But here's a little of it anyway--

I breathed a sigh of relief when I picked D up at the airport today. Hurdle #3 has been accomplished, and now I can hope for the new arrival.

I feel so unprepared. No name chosen (so unlike us); until today I hadn't packed a bag or thought through what to take with me to the hospital (also, not like me).

I am just enjoying being at home with my family and relaxing a bit. A lot of the pain I've been feeling (round ligament and sciatica) has faded significantly, which I am sure is due to all the help I'm getting from my family and not unpacking all those hideous boxes.

See, I warned you. Dull. Oh, so dull. More excitement will follow I'm sure, though.

Until then--

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you have D with you. I am so glad you are getting rest and help. Now pack a bag, pick a name and walk around the block over and over again and get us this baby! Love you!

Cherish said...

Nothing you ever write is boring! You have such a way with words. So, we honestly haven't had any rainstorms until you came to town. I love that you get your wish...I hope that you are enjoying them. Good luck with the delivery! Keep us posted :)

Leslie said...

It's like the calm before the storm. don't feel bad for one second for kicking back and enjoying it. good luck!! hopefully your baby comes soon!! :)

Cluff Family said...

It was a blast to visit with you last week. I wish we lived closer. I can't wait for baby news. Keep us posted.

Susie said...

Dull? Actually, you express very colorfully what is oh-so-familiar to so many of us. Glad you can relax a bit with your family before baby arrives.

Amy and Chad Larson Family said...

I am shocked that you have no name! Need suggestions? I'm full of them.

I can't wait to see pictures of your new baby. I wish I were there to see her and to bring you a meal or take your girls to the playground.

We miss you guys.

Unknown said...

There is nothing dull about the exciting anticipation of a new one! I am all wiggly with excitement for you. I only feel bad that I won't be able to see her brand new. So, I think of you now as I size up my few belongings and decide which gets to be packed today and which tomorrow.