Hurdle #1--moving into a new house without putting myself into labor. Check.
Hurdle #2--getting to Utah before having the baby. Check.
Hurdle #3--not having the baby while D is working in California. In Progress.
Our plan was to leave Cali at 3:00 am last night but we got an itch and ended up going at 8:00 pm instead. That meant a) we had to drive all night long but b) the girls could sleep nearly the entire way and (even better) c) we got to surprise my family with an early arrival.
Insomnia has its benefits in a case like this--I drove from 2-5 am without much of a problem at all, that is unless you count pretty painful contractions (false labor) as a problem. Frankly, as long as it was false, I was okay with it.
Tomorrow D's sister gets married, Saturday he returns home to work for a week, and then the next Saturday (13 days before my due date) he'll be back. SO --- as long as this baby girl doesn't choose to arrive earlier than her sisters did (12 and 10 days early) we should be a-okay. Nothing like cutting it close, huh? Worst case scenario, I'll be induced August 1st. Stay tuned for details.
6 comments:
How similar our labors are? I, too, have very painful false labor contractions. My girls were also born early (11, 10, and 11 days early). Let's hope that the pattern keeps up for you and that you go into labor right after D arrives. Or maybe after a good night's sleep for both of you. Sorry we missed you in Utah, again. Someday we'll both get the timing right...
You are amazing woman! I can't wait to see pictures of the little on and see how everything goes! Post pictures of your new house soon.
Never a dull moment for the Freeman family. Good Luck.
So glad you made it. I thought about you all night! Let me know how things are going!
Sounds like everything is going well. I have been thinking about you. Now you can get some rest. Maybe your mom will pamper you. Can't wait to hear how it all goes. Miss you.
Sounds like you are making a super ammount of progress on your checklist, but I agree with the other posters, get some rest!
Post a Comment