Sunday, February 22, 2009

Not again

I haven't posted much recently, mainly because I am completely uninspired. My mom has encouraged me throughout the past few months with a new baby by saying, "It always takes a good 6 months until you really feel that you have a routine down and have integrated that little person completely into the family." I clung to that.

But here we are, almost 7 months out, and I am still playing catch-up. I am most decidedly NOT a super mom, but I do my best. I constantly feel like I am falling short, though.

The past few days I have felt particularly sluggish. I was struggling to get my energy going to do the daily necessities, let alone extras. I felt a little bit of a sore throat coming on and general malaise. I ran my almost-7-miler Saturday morning, but the rest of the day I struggled with my energy levels. I chalked it up to waking at 5:00 and having D at work.

Well, around 9:00 last night I started to feel some familiar aches in my back and knees, my throat had progressively worsened, and I was getting the chills. I took my temperature. Only 100, but a fever nonetheless. I had D look in my throat. Yep, white spots. Half an hour later, my fever was up to 101. This could only mean one thing and I was devastated to realize it: I have strep again. I mean, come on! It's only been 3 weeks since my first bout and now I am at it again? So I started another round of antibiotics and am hoping that since I caught it more quickly, I won't be as hammered as last time.

But to play the glad game, it happened on a Sunday and Monday (which D has off) again! Someone is looking out for me.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

so sorry. If your feeling up to it can't wait to play martha with you and your girls! i think that mothers of three have a right to take on themselves the title of super mom! (no matter what else)

Ming said...

I'm so sorry you are sick...again! What a nightmare. This has been a brutal winter for sickness. Everyone I know has been or is sick with some variation of the flu/stomach flu/cold. Including Jeff, Jack and myself. Jack and I have stayed in all weekend trying to recover from a nasty cold that Jeff gave to us. I just took some NyQuil and am looking forward to the sleep coma it will induce. Anyway, hope you feel better soon and thank goodness for antibiotics!

Emily said...

Dang it. Sorry, I hope you are feeling better soon. If I was there I would bring you some soup or chocolate or something delicious. ;)

Lindz said...

Sorry to hear you have to go through that twice! Knowing you, I am sure you are doing A LOT more than you realize. I admire your drive to do more - when you have strep nonethelss! I would love to be able watch your kids. If only we were all in that Northwood bubble...

jan said...

I am sorry you are sick again. I do think your mom is onto something, although I think you get 6 months for every child that you already have so in another year you should be feeling right on track. Feel better.

Susie said...

Oh, man! No mother of three young'uns should have to go through that. Twice! In one month! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Bill and Tara said...

Oh I am so sorry! What a bummer! My kids and husband have been sick this whole month. I have avoided it until NOW! 39 weeks and I get sick. I am hoping to get rid of it before this baby comes. Good luck and hang in there. Anyone who moves into a new house and has a baby within a few weeks of each other is super mom to me. :)

Angie said...

Do you still have your tonsils? That could be why you got strep again so fast. I'm sorry that you're not feeling well and I hope you can get over it soon!