Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tuesday Tidbits

  • It may be premature to announce, but I do believe my Smidget is finally potty-trained. You may remember that she is a strong-willed soul, so this was no small feat. A couple of weeks ago, D and I took her every 30 minutes for 3 days and she was STILL managing to poop in her pants. She could use the toilet but she never chose to do so. I gave up. I figured that she knew how, but she would have to decide when it was going to happen. A few days ago, she just started saying she needed to. Then Sunday I heard the toilet flush and she announced she had pooped. D checked and it was true! It's been 3 days and she has not had a pooping accident yet. She tells us that she is 3 now and big. Not little.
  • Sunshine and parks are a beautiful combination, one that we enjoyed tremendously after school today. Cheez-its and fruit snacks are always a welcome addition, according to my little ones.
  • Almost-7-month-olds are delicious. I could nibble on mine all day. (Instead, she nibbles on me--I guess I'm delicious too.)
  • Why must men's basketball be so late at night? It's midnight and we are just getting to bed!
  • The Biggest Loser was uber lame tonight. Why watch at all if there is no weigh-in? I don't want to see you cry your baby eyes out, Bob! Suck it up. Did you notice his blingin' gold watch. Check that thang out!
  • Toybugle.com was an awesome website. I was re-reading some of our old posts tonight and they are still relevant. We should get that baby going again!
  • I have a new nephew who remains nameless. Congrats to Jake and Crystal and your 8.2 pound son. Huzzah.

3 comments:

Cluff Family said...

I LOVE reading your blog even when it involves "poop" and "nibbeling"! ;)

Unknown said...

yeah for pooping and cute fuzzies and I didn't enjoy BL either, but missed the watch.

Nancy Clark said...

So what's worse... when there is no weigh-in at all, or when there is a weigh-in, but we don't see the results (after a 2-hour time investment!)??