My computer died yesterday. It was working just fine and then, all of a sudden, it wouldn't turn on anymore. I am not sure why it gave up the ghost, but it has been interesting to realize how much I use it. I keep wandering back to my bedroom (like a zombie, not realizing what I'm doing) and when I see the empty desk I realize I was drifting in to check my email. I think I'm addicted.
So now I am using D's laptop to give you this quick post. He takes it to work, though, so I have to enjoy it while I can.
Valentine's Day weekend was a blast. Friday night we attended a fun party our friends hosted. It was a murder mystery costume party (with dinner too). D was Hugh Hefner and looked appropriate in my red robe while I was Uma Thurman. My costume was a tad trickier. In the end I opted for a black jumpsuit, in the vein of Kill Bill, and then dressed it up with some tacky turquoise pumps and a pink scarf. As it turns out, I was the murderer. This is no surprise, considering that 85% of the time I play Mafia I am the murderer.
Saturday we thoroughly enjoyed having D home to help with jobs (he did the toilets and tubs! Huzzah!) and Chatterbox had 4 1/2 hours of birthday parties to attend. She had her fill of pizza and cake.
For Valentine's Day, I made cinnamon rolls. It's a long story as to why, but I ended up rolling the dough out at 4:00 am. Ick. I doubled the recipe, so I didn't get back to bed until after 6:00. But by that time, I had multiple pink plates piled with almost 50 rolls, and the kitchen was even clean, so I was content! (Photos of this will come along when my computer is back.)
We have been making some large purchases lately (D's bike and gear; a new Cal king bed, a play structure for the backyard and now possibly a computer and new car) so we kept V-day simple--D brought me roses, and I gave him a Fresno state basketball jersey (from Marshall's so it was cheap!). I was quite proud of myself for limiting my girls' gifts to a small plastic heart of Whoppers; the traditional mylar balloon; and some bento boxes (tiny divided lunch boxes) from the Disney store.
We spent the evening with D's family out at their farm and it was very relaxing. Today Chatterbox had the day off for President's Day, so we had a picnic at the park and a playdate. Our 70 degree weather is delightful and the 'popcorn' trees are in bloom. I love this time of year in Cali. I hope you all had a great weekend.
2 comments:
Dave got a bike AND a play structure?!? You'll have to let us know which one he plays with more!
[I seriously want to hear about the bike.]
Bummer about the computer... That's always a total bust. I think Mindy would go nuts with no access to the outside.
He's right, I would go nuts. I'm jealous of your weather right now...thankfully I'm headed to Phoenix today to enjoy some of the same great weather. Sounds like a fun weekend and wow big purchases is right. That's always fun!
Post a Comment