Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ah, a rainy day





The way I feel about a rainy day is always changing and, I've discovered, is relative to the weather that precedes it. For instance, not too many weeks ago the rainy days were piling atop one another, one after another, seemingly endless. They were depressing me--and the end of them could not have come quickly enough.

But today, I woke to the patter of drops on my roof and after several days of sun and warmth (I think it may have reached the 80's yesterday?!), those drops seemed soothing and safe--like a blanket. The sky is grey and the drops fall steadily and softly. It looks like it will be wet all day.

But spring is here now, and this rainy day is just one amidst a week of sunshine and birds chirping and life coming back to the world. We'll book-end it with walks to the park and bike rides and exploring. I guess I can't be gloomy in March ... only in January and February.



PS I'm making progress on my water goal ... I hope to put it to bed TONIGHT! and move on to my next preparedness project. More to come.

No comments: