Not a lot going on
Smidget has been home from school for two days with a fever and cough. I'm not sure what she's got, but seems to be improving. Back to school tomorrow, I suppose!
We finally gave Queenie the boot from the crib. She thought it was great fun for the first two nights, after which she was begging to go back. D dismantled it and stashed the pieces in his closet. Take that, whiny two-year old. The battle has been won and she is snoozing peacefully in her BED at this very moment.
Chatterbox has been zipping through the Harry Potter books. She is only 7, so I wasn't planning on letting her read past #3, but she begged me ... and how can one deny a child who is begging to read a monster-sized book? I acquiesced. She finished it last night and couldn't fall asleep, she was so upset about the (spoiler alert) death of Cedric. She wanted me to look up who dies in #5 to see if she would actually proceed with it. Ah, the sadness.
My tummy has popped and I broke into my maternity clothes this week. I will be 20 weeks on Tuesday--we will find out what we are having on April 13 (I'm waiting for my parents to get here for the big reveal).
Got our carpets all cleaned yesterday and now I'm trying to get furniture put back. It feels great to have "new" carpet again. Mmmm .... feels like spring.
3 comments:
Clean carpets - what a novel idea? Is it too irresponsible to wait until the final child has done her business on the carpet a gazillion times before forking out the dough to clean them? Cuz' that's what we're doing.
Jillian's re-reading the whole HP series right now. H didn't get past #1, but I keep encouraging him to try again. He loves big fat books, so I'm not sure why they aren't appealing to him. I love clean carpets! I was just thinking it's time to do mine again. Can't wait until April 13th to hear you're finally getting that boy. : )
wow harry potter that's impressive!! looking forward to your big reveal!!
Post a Comment