Thursday, March 10, 2011

Longest cold ever

I've had a miserable cold for almost 2 weeks now. I am starting to forget what life is like without constant sniffling, wheezes, and a nose raw from tissues. I thought I was mostly better and got up to run this morning. I only made it about 1/4 mile before stopping to hack up up some crud, wheeze a bunch, and send my friends on ahead while I walked - SLOWLY - home. It's hard to tell how much of my exhaustion is from being sick or from being pregnant. This pregnancy has, for the most part, been easier than my other 3 ... except for the tiredness. I thought it would go away during the second trimester, but for some reason (I'm hoping it's the cold) it has lingered on, leaving me feeling like a rotten mother and wife. I have an occasional great day (as I recorded in my last post) but so many, many more find me willing myself off the couch, or to do the dishes, or to pick up a bedroom. And thus my blog is tending to the dull, depressing and otherwise non-readable subject matter. I'll keep trying to think of something more interesting to write.

In the meantime, this is how life is at the moment, so I will just go ahead and record my sluggishness for posterity.

2 comments:

Cheri said...

I want to hear about the leprechaun trap! (And I'm sorry about the ridiculously long cold. That stinks.)

Susie said...

And that, my dear, is just one of the many reasons I'm waffling about having another child. Ah, the woes of pregnancy. And of colds during pregnancy. Hope the cold gets better soon.