Monday, October 22, 2007
C'est finis!
I am happy to report that my Halloween quilt and pillows are, indeed, finished--and I still have over a week to enjoy them. I meant to finish weeks ago, and the pillows have been done for a couple of weeks, but that quilt gave me grief all along the way. There are some major errors in it even now, but oh well. I only have to look at it once a year anyway. :) Here are a few photos of my project (oh, and the back is the same black as the borders, in case you were wondering). A special thanks to Anna, who shared the idea, picked up the fabric in Michigan, and mailed it to me. (Not to mention her valuable reminders when I forgot what I was doing along the way!)



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
So cute! Just spent an evening crafting with said Anna -- another Halloween project. Missed you.
Cute! You are one talented chica. I am very impressed. They look so cute on your couch too.
Seriously awesome. I bought the squares as well. My goal is NEXT Halloween. When I lament my crafting talents Chad consoles me by saying "you're just not a crafty person." So sweet! I'm trying to change his mind but I find that the draw of the projects is the just the opportunity to hang out with the gals...problem is, I just want to hang out with the gals and not concentrate on the project.
Yeah, well, since hanging out with the gals is not an option, it's all project for me. And it still take me forever. Oh well.
Love them. You are quite the quilter! Hope the Halloween party is grand tomorrow!
I hope you didn't let this project interfere with your knitting me a Spiderman costume for Halloween.
Totally love it! I just saw Kelli's the other night and thought I'd like to do one - too bad I've sworn off quilting!
Those are great Halloween colors--the muted oranges and purples. I wish I'd had Anna pick me up some too. I'd be with Amy L. though, waiting until some other year to work on it!
I love it! It turned out great! You are so clever to add the black borders and make pillows. Next project we do "together" I will have to wait and see what creative ideas you have and copy them. The diagonal quilting adds a lot to the quilt, you did a really good job with it. I miss crafting with you!
Anna
Well aren't you the little quilter..is there anything you can't do?
Thanks for your feedback. I love that it's based on a photo which hides all the flaws. Makes for some undeserved compliments!
Anna-Don't you know that you have to do all the projects we do "together" first, so I can ask for your expertise? :)
Em-Can't quilt very well, as it turns out, and there are PLENTY of things I'm not too good at. But it's fun to try it all, regardless of the outcome.
So cute! I am impressed with your talent also.
Post a Comment