Many of you have guessed this already, due to my post about being sick once. And then tired once. (Give a girl a break, people, can't I be sick and tired without being pregnant?!)
But in all honesty, I have missed the University Ward where, knowing numerous eyes were watching your every nibble in sacrament meeting, covertly measuring the minute expansion of your waist, and/or asking you frequently "How are you, really?", one had to go to great lengths to keep such a secret.
Here is everything you need to know, thus far:
- Baby was sighted on ultrasound at 8 weeks in Utah. Little tiny heart was beating strong. We'll hope that continues.
- I've been yucky sick some of this first trimester, and minimally sick for most of it. I can't complain too much. But I still do (poor D!)
- Baby is due 08/08/08. Let's hope this means it will make a July appearance.
- You'd think we'd be rarin' for a boy, but we are so accustomed to our darling girls that D and I both agree we'd be gleeful with either.
- Due to some unexplained irregularity with my heart, my dad (an OB/GYN if you're not in the know) has advised me not to run. Argh, rip my heart out! I still am running a teeny bit, but the fun of it is spoiled by the guilty dread I feel while doing it.
23 comments:
Woo hoo!! Congratulations!! I'm thrilled for you -- even if you *can't* run. You take care of that little tadpole in there. :)
Congratulations! We are so excited for you! Sorry that you are sick, hopefully it will get better soon.
Congratulations! That is so exciting for you guys. Hopefully the girls will welcome the new little one with open arms.
Ooh, you told all. How fun. We still hope for a boy, but we're glad you're happy with either. As you may recall, my list of pregnancy ailments included a freakish tachycardia that sent me to the ER once. You can't mess around with the heart. I will run hard for you this year. Thanks for being inspiring to me last year.
Congratulations! We are so excited for all of you. The girls are going to be such big helpers. Can't wait to find out if it is a boy or girl.
How wonderful!! I hope the sickness is over soon and the July birthday turns into a reality! (: Take care of yourself cheerfully - the time will be such a small part of life, and the chance to run will come again soon.
Hooray! If you think two girls is fun, just wait until you have three! Oh, and I suppose a boy would be all right, too.
Congratulations! I must say, I'm a bit jealous - and my baby's only 14 months! Yikes.
Congratulations. Three is so much fun. Can't wait to find out if it is a boy or girl. Are you going to find out in your ultrasound? or wait? exciting either way.
Hmmmm....Congrats. The date is ringing a bun...I mean... a bell for me too!!
Eek, Emma lee, is that an announcement? If so, hooray for you!
Jan, Yes, I'm DEFINITELY finding out. None of this surprise business, for me, thank you very much. I need to be prepared!
And thanks, everyone, for the congratulations. :)
Yeah Emily!
I had a sneaking suspicion. I am always sick and tired and not pregnant. Boys are cool.
Hah! I thought so too..Amy helped out with her, "two of my far away friends are pregnant" line.
Congrats! And way to be PC about "D would be just as happy with a boy." He's not fooling anyone!
Hey, I have LOTS of far away friends. I didn't give anything up!
Amy and Jan and I talked all about you during a training run after you posted the "sick and tired" blog. Congrats and good luck! Don't sweat about the running. You know that you will get right back at it ASAP. There is a time and a season for everything. YEA for you!!!
Just had to add my congrats to the pile, my official congrats to your offical annoucement I guess. Hope feeling icky fades soon.
Congrats!! I hope you are feeling better soon. I have loved getting to know you better through the Marathon Mommies blog. I am bummed we didn't meet up in Utah, but I am sure we will somewhere else. I completely understand how hard it is not to run, but it was the best decision I made. And luckily, I was able to come right back. You will too, I know it!!
I think this might be a record number of comments... I don't know that I could aspire to such greatness! :) Congrats to you--you know that of course I am rooting for a girl. They are rather addicting even if they are moody, contentious and as ambitious as any football jock... :) Yay, hope you are feeling better soon--sorry you "can't" run. But take care of your little heart. You'd miss it if it went to the great Red Cooler in the sky. :)
congrats you guys! that is so exciting. I was laughing about the university ward comment. so true about everyone watching everything. luckily i always am eating, all the time, so no one ever knows.
Well, it's about time! Just kidding, you know we seem to be just piggy-backing all our babies and I think it's great! Here's to feeling better soon, and rest up while you can (you know you'll need all the energy you can get when the next little girly comes out).
You have been tagged! Check my blog for details
Hey, I don't want my congratulations left out! :O) Happiness to you and yours!
YEAH!!! We send our congrats to your family too! Hope you get feeling better.
Post a Comment