Thursday, January 10, 2008
January Tangerines
My fingers smell like tangerines. I can't get over the fact that it's January (JANUARY!) and 1) our worst weather is a mild drizzle or some patchy fog and 2) I have a tangerine tree in my backyard! It's been back there since we moved in, but knowing next to nothing about citrus, I completely missed the fact that they are now ripe and ready for consumption. When D's dad picked one today, the girls swarmed him. Smidget rapidly filled both cheeks, chipmunk-style, (that little stinker only eats about 10 foods). When she had finished them off, she shouted "Mo!" and reverted to sign language, more, for emphasis. So I picked a few and peeled them. The kids gobbled and colored at the kitchen table while I put dinner together, kicking myself for only just tuning in to the free fruit in the back yard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm definitely for this warm weather thing. If only I could get a killer snowstorm the week of Christmas, and then have it clear out again. But yeah - playing baseball at the park in t-shirts in January and having the windows open is AWESOME!!
I also have a VERY picky eater who loves clementines--how I would love to have some growing in my backyard! Hey, I like your new design! (I've been keeping up with you Google Reader, so perhaps it's not that new...?)
It is true you can't beat that California citrus right in your back yard. We are still working on the stock pile we picked and brought home.
That's awesome! I am so jealous that you get free fruit! I wish I could.
don't we love blog-finding! way cute quilt!
Post a Comment