Thursday, January 24, 2008

One down, two to go


Just to share--my first of three Valentine's Day projects is complete. It's a table runner and all of the fabric, pattern, etc. were basically handed to me by a friend who was cleaning out her house before a move last year. I started it in March, got all of the squares pieced and the hearts appliqued on, but then put it away. So this year when I pulled it out, I had to blanket stitch around all of the hearts, then quilt it and bind it. On to the next project--a heart wall hanging. We'll see if my luck and motivation hold me through another one. :)

10 comments:

Erin said...

Could not be cuter! I love it!

Cluff Family said...

Very impressive!

Angie said...

That is really cute!! Want to make me one? Just kidding. I don't sew, but I love stuff like this. Maybe one day

amydear said...

Hurrah! It's done just in time. We can inspire each other from afar. Kelli had hers out the other night. Maybe I should pick one up, right after I finish the three projects I'm working on!

Cherish said...

I love that! Looks like the new sewing machine is paying off...I admire that you have the patients to sew. I can't seem to get past threading the bobbin...it gets me every time. Can't wait to see the other two projects.

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Fisrt off I love your table runner! What a fun project. Secondly, thanks for finding our blog. I love blogging, it is such a great way to keep up with people. My blog is definitely nothing fancy or profound, really just a way to let people know what we are doing, but feel free to come by the blog anytime! :) And third, we haven't made a choice on dental school. It hurts my inner most parts when I have to say that we put a deposit down at two schools, but we did. I actually just got your phone number from your Mom yesterday and plan to call you soon. We are taking a trip to SF and LA in February to help make the decision. Hopefully, it will do just that, but in the mean time I would like to talk to you. So you'll be hearing from me soon! Hope you don't mind. :) Oh and most importantly....I had no idea you were pregnant! I just read that in your profile. COngrats!

klortz said...

Beautiful! I admire your skills! You go girl!

Cheri said...

Wow! It's beautiful!

acte gratuit said...

Oh man! I totally love that!
I tried to make my own last year...it's still in my sewing box.

I'm a bit sewing inept. But I LOVE February! (It's my birthday month, ya know!)

P.S. My boy's LOoOoOoVE Scripture Scouts...so I think of you on a daily basis!!!
:) (Good think your voice was so darn cute or I might CURSE you on a daily basis!)

Cluff Family said...

You shoul totally do a post about scripture scouts. Do you remember that I used to go with you to record? I used to ssecretly hope that Marvin would discover my hidden talents and put in some.