Dodge party tagged me awhile back--since I'm short on subject matter, here is my tag. I've already tagged a few unfortunate souls, so I am reserving the right to skip that final step. :)
How long have you been together?
Married ten years this spring. Unbelievable, right? We have known and dated each other since August of 1994, though. I always tell my youngest brother that I've known D longer than I've known him (he was born 8 months after I met D at college).
Who said "I love you" first?
Honestly, I can't remember. Is our marriage doomed? :) I am pretty sure it was him, but guaranteed he would say it was me, so who knows? Time to pull out the old journals, I guess. D won't claim them as an authentic source, though.
Who is smarter?
This debate has been raging since we were engaged (D and I are both competitive). You can decide after I give the evidence: We were both in honors and AP classes in school, though I am the only one who passed any tests(4)--this is probably due to the quality of high schools we attended, though, and not the brains. I got a full scholarship to BYU but lost it due to my mediocre freshman year grades (I did perk up and finished with a 3.8 gpa). D had a partial scholarship, which grew to full (and some) by the end because of his hard work. We took a History of Civ class together the semester after we were married. I like to point out that I got a higher score on the final, while he maintains we both got A's so it doesn't matter. When I asked D this question, he said, "Well, I guess the only way to figure out something like that would be if there was some kind of standardized test that both people took." This is his subtle way of reminding me that he achieved a 32 on the ACT, while I only got a 30. Hmph.
Short answer--English/language/history=me; Science/math/health=him
Who pays the bills?
Almost always me. This is something I took over when he was neck-deep in dental school and I've been doing it ever since. Bills he has added (blockbuster.com; direcTV; Wild Blue high speed; etc.) he pays, and he also takes care of tithing.
Who cooks dinner?
Me, when I'm not feeling slacker-ish. He generally cooks grilled cheese for us all on Sunday after church. On nights when I am not doing so well, he'll throw together pancakes or waffles. He also makes a mean egg sandwich, abelskievers, and pigs in a blanket (with biscuit dough from scratch). He'll grill dinners too. But still, it's mostly me.
Who drives when you're in the car together?
D. Always.
Who is the most stubborn?
D, in a quiet way. He will not give in and I am a sucker for silence--I have to fill it.
Who wears the pants in the family?
This is tricky. Most people who know us might say me (I don't know, would you?) because I am more vocal about opinions and D often just doesn't care. But if he does care, I almost always waive to his whims, just because he voices them so infrequently.
3 random things about me:
In college I would have called myself a poet. I have lots of things I wrote from those days. (I still can't tell if any of it is any good.)
I have a double piercing in my ear, though I don't wear the earring. It was one of my two rebellious acts of my freshman year of college. The other was seeing a rated-R movie (Speed. With D, the corrupting influence). Oooh!
I love Apple Jacks.
If you have never done a tag and this looks fun to you, you're it. Otherwise, breathe a sigh of relief and come back again another day for some more interesting reading.
6 comments:
I always like reading people's tags, but I don't love writing them! I may have gotten tagged again awhile back, but since I didn't see a note on my blog, and hers didn't say a last name, I just assumed it was another Amy out there. So sneaky, huh? We are so alike. In college I might have called myself a poet too, and I still can't tell if any of it's good. I know some of it's bad, though! And I think you and Dave share the pants.
Who's smarter? You have earned the smartest spouse award by not fully answering the question. Way to spare your good ol' husband's ego.
what is it with guys and when they cook they only cook breakfast food? Although it is delicious, sometimes they should come up with something else to cook. I'm glad you finally answered my tag! I loved reading it. You lost your scholarship? You little rebel. Hey, at least you had one right?
I guess it's not so much that I lost it, as that I didn't qualify for it for a second year. It was only given for the first year and summer term, with the understanding that good grades would let me continue to qualify for it. Two C's were, apparently, not good enough. :) That makes it sound a little less horrible, right?
This was a fun tag, i did a similar one a few weeks ago, funny we married brothers and in your post I read some similarities and some differences. The silent stubborness and the cooking skills though definatley in the genes i guess.
It's always fun for me to read about you and D meeting and your "rebelness" as a freshman since I was sort of a witness. My guess is that you said you loved D to others first.
Post a Comment