I've been wanting to post for a few days, but I haven't got much of interest to say. It's been a very peaceful week. Ever since the warm weather hit and I spent so much time outside I am just feeling content. Here are the things I've enjoyed doing this week:
*Aiding at Chatterbox's preschool, which I prefer about a million times to actually teaching. I think the kids are growing on me too. As I walked out the door today, however, I breathed an audible sigh of relief at being finished.
*Lots of my own reading. 3 books finished this week (assuming I finish Ahab's Wife tonight).
*Spending the weekend with my sister who showed up last-minute Saturday morning. My girls adore her--maybe because she takes the time to do things with them that I don't (like painting their toenails and fingernails.)
*Starting and finishing a baby quilt top with blues and browns. I'm not sure how I feel about the finished product, though I loved the store example. I want to finish it before I post a photo (which will not be until I return from Utah in March).
*Gardening! Sunflowers and wildflowers in my side bed that nobody will see; some cosmos in my beds out front; various shade lovers in my back bed; fed my camellia bush; planted 72 of those little indoor growers, most of which are taking off. The rain set in Saturday, so it's put things on hold quite a bit. In 2 more weeks I'll get my garden going out front. I found this blog that I'm in love with. It's way ahead of me, but I still glean some inspiration from it. I mentioned before that we have a tangerine tree and an orange tree in our backyard, but we also have 2 apricots, and a peach and next door D's parents have a cherry, 2 apricots, and several kinds of apples! I think I'll be making jam this year.
*Lots of kid reading. Chatterbox is really taking off with reading and can now handle books like Little Bear. We do lots of practicing. She also has a voracious appetite for nonfiction, so we've been reading about the phases of the moon (perfect timing for the lunar eclipse, though purely accidental), the human body, dogs and cats, and animal magazines.
*Baking (unsuccessfully) banana bread. It was a mushy mess in the middle. Have I ever mentioned how finicky my ancient oven is? Boo hoo.
*Doing activities with the kids: a moon crater experiment, a wooden letter painting activity (sent in a Valentine's package from my mom), and play dough.
*Cleaning has occurred, though it bores me so I won't go into details. Suffice it to say we are not in a state of disarray (this week) and our laundry is caught up.
*Limiting myself to 2 naps! Celebrating small victories here. :)
Obviously, I'm feeling better and am trying to take advantage of the next few months when I have energy and am (relatively) unencumbered. I am missing my friends. Thank goodness for blogging. More interesting stuff to come--I hope.
4 comments:
Reading, gardening, playing with the kids... it sounds like an ideal week to me. I, on the other hand, have done much more of the cleaning thing than I care to admit and it has left me feeling a bit empty... and guilty about my parenting... or lack thereof. Way to go on a good week!
I know, I should probably feel guilty too for enjoying myself so much (poor D, slaving away all day). But enjoy it while you can, that's my motto. :) It's all a pendulum swing, from challenge to ease and back again.
Wow! You live such an exciting and fun life! and only a stone's throw from where my life is going on! I love reading about it!
Wow! I have to say I am so jealous of all the fun you are having! I love to garden and I don't ever get to do it! Hope your next week is just as nice!
Post a Comment