Tuesday, February 5, 2008

What we're doing these days--


C-box adores cooking with me. Every day, if possible. We make wheat bread, rolls, and of course, delectable sweet things. She will also gladly help with dinner, but baking is her preference. It was fun then, when Grandma gave us these matching aprons for Christmas. A friend of mine makes them (thanks, Michelle) and sells them here. I love the ruffles--I feel so feminine while cooking. The one drawback is that they're so beautiful I worry about getting them dirty.


Also, another one bites the dust. I finished the second of three Valentine's projects last Saturday, and it now hangs in all its heart-filled glory up on my wall. I feel like putting a poll in the margin asking how many of you think I will finish my third project this week, but the results would likely be too discouraging, so I'm not going to do it. Instead, I will visualize the finished product and hope that my positive thinking will push it to the finish line. (I hear my mom saying, "If wishes were fishes ...")

Finally, sometime in the past year (okay, month) Smidget had a birthday. She has entered the terrific twos. I call them that because my former monster has turned a corner, behaviorally speaking, and is finally an enjoyable and only occasionally unmanageable child. I think it's because we can all communicate. Finally. At the moment she is dancing around the room singing a mixture of "Help me, Happy Birthday, and Clean Up." It's a lovely rendition, I wish you could hear it.

And that, my friends, is life in the fast-lane (ha ha). I'm loving (almost) every minute of it.

10 comments:

Paige said...

1. Cute Aprons.
2. Cute wall hanging -- I admire your talent -- even if you don't get the last one done by Valentines Day. Even if you finish it late, you are TOTALLY ahead of the game for next year.
3. Happy Birthday, Smidget! I always found that the threes were worse than the twos...

amydear said...

Love the aprons! Your friend is very talented. I'm sure Anna will have us all making those in a day or two.

Great job on finishing the Valentine's wall hanging. I got out my measly two or three decorations last night and vowed to make a trip to the quilt store for something cute -- hopefully on sale!

I miss Smidget! Bring her here to play with me. But since you can't, give her big kisses and record that song.

Hi to Chatterbox too. Maybe I'll send her an email.

Off to the bus!

Anonymous said...

Polliwog - you and that cute girl look beautiful! The aprons are wonderful too but you two girls sell the product! Congrats on getting Valentine project #2 done.

Angie said...

Love the pictures, love the apron, love everything! I wish I was as talented as you. Keith's mom keeps sending me her projects that are table runners. She knows I love them and has done 3 for me know. I so admire that and I'm sure she'll make me learn onece we move back home!

Todd and Anna said...

Love the Aprons too! I would take it on as another project, but after making 8 aprons for Christmas it's going to be a while to find any desire to make any more. I guess I will just have to buy one from your friend, I love all the different styles on her site.

The heart banner turned out great! I am embarrassed to say that I haven't completely finished mine. I'm just not sure how to attach it to the hanger, how did you attach yours?

Happy Birthday Smidget! Love the cake.

Anna

Emily said...

Sooo cute...I can't tell for sure but are those heels you are wearing with your aprons?!!

Polliwog said...

Anna-I had trouble, so I handed it off to D. He just used a needle and the thread and wrapped it around the hanger. The tricky part was getting it to hang evenly. His fine motor skills are killer.

emma lee--No, I am on my knees next to C-box. We are in our church clothes, though. :)

Cherish said...

So cute! All of it...your project, the aprons,and your little girls! I wish I could write as well as you do. I always love reading your blogs.

Lanes said...

cute cute aprons, I love aprons! Those ones are adorable, love the heart craft and the cake. Emma wants that cake for her birthday now. Will you send one our way please?

Polliwog said...

FYI--I copied the monkey cake from my friends Anna and Kelli who kindly directed me to marthastewart.com (kids birthdays) for the complete directions.